function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stanley YeStanley Ye 

Visualforce - Tab-Key Order Top-Down for OutputFields

Currently working on a view page of opportunity (will override the standard one), and fields in this page should be displayed dynamically (show/hide) after rerender the pageblocksections. But the current fields displayed after rerender (hide 'Field C') are as below:

Field A        Field B         ->>>>>>      Field A      Field B          
Field C        Field D                            Field D      Field E
Field E        Field F                            Field F

Our expectation is :

Field A        Field B          ->>>>>>    Field A      Field B
Field C        Field D                           Field E      Field D
Field E        Field F                                            Field F

Tabindex seems only working for inputField or outputLabel, but not for my situation. Anyone has an idea on that ?
Thanks in advance !!
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
It's hard to understand the question. Do you mind posting a screenshot of your actual page with annotations of current tab indexing order and desired tab indexing order?

I'm sure you've already looked at this (https://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_input_field_tabindex.htm) link which provides guidelines on how to define  the tabIndex for your components.

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' & upvote it to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.

Gaurav Kheterpal
Certified Force.com Developer| Salesforce Mobile Evangelist| Developer Forums Moderator| Dreamforce Speaker
Stanley YeStanley Ye
Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the reply. Please see the below of what I expect: 

Now the tab-order is left-to-right, so after hiding the 'Purchase Price' (field 3), the page section looks like:
    User-added image

What I expect is a top-down order, and after hiding the 'Purchase Price' (field 3), the page should look like:
User-added image

I've tried couple of ways but none of those is ideal. 

Many thanks,
Stanley

Stanley YeStanley Ye
Sorry, the images not in a good dimension, I will load them again.

Stanley