function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JayaJayaJayaJaya 

Case sharing query, Urgent pls

Hi,

We have the following, pls let me know how to solve it:
There are 3 record types for Case, say A,B and C.
If an User creates a Case record with record type A then restrict the User to View/Edit only Case records(his/others) of record type A only.
If an User creates a Case record with record type B then restrict the User to View/Edit only Case records(his/others) of record type B only.
How can it be done, pls let us know the solution as it is bit urgent.

Thanks a lot.
Ganesh BabuGanesh Babu
Hi Jaya,

Instead of standard view page, You can create a VF page and controller. 

In controller, get the case record he created before and find out the record type.

Then run similar query to fetch record with similar record type and load it in page table.

Thanks,
GB

JayaJayaJayaJaya
Sorry Ganesh, I didnt get you.
If an User creates a Case record with record type A then restrict the User to View/Edit only Case records(his/others) of record type A only. And Cases with record types other than A should not be viewable/Writeable/Searchable for that user. Please let me know how it can be done.
Yoganand GadekarYoganand Gadekar
hi,
what if user who craeted case with record type 'A' intially goes on to create case with record type 'B'? or should he be not allowed to create itself?

standard configuration that we have (sharing rules, role heirarchy, territory management) or even apex sharing only allows to extend the access and not restrict the access, hence you cannot use this as your requirement is to restrict the access.

You will have to build logic that deletes CaseShare records (every record shared with user has a caseshare record against it and deleting it would mean access is taken off,)