function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
siddarth rajsiddarth raj 

SOAP Call to receive attachments

Hi All,

I have a requirement before taking it implimentation I woud like to take it for open discussion with you all to find possible better solution. I appreciate all advices and tries to clear any queries on requirment.

Requirement:
we have to recieve a attachment from third party to our force based app, so we will be exposing apex services to recieve. SInce Attachments more likely to be huge (approx 10MB) . We decide to expose a service to receive 1MB attach on each call.  So there will be 2 services,
 First service
SendAttachmentDdetails -- Here they will send us attachment reason, name and in how many parts, some uniqReference
SendAttachmentParts---UniqReference and attachment 

Business Decides:
AttachmentParts service call should recieve all parts specified (in multiple calls) in first service that must be in 15 mins from the first service call where they send us attahment details.If there is any delay or part missing just discard. let remain object as it was.

I would like to get all opinions and to find out the challeges we misht face in implementations.

Wish it would be an interesting for all folks.

Thanks
Sid
KevinPKevinP
So this fails my sniff test for complexity. Rather than 10 calls of 1mb apiece why not utitlize the built in rest functionality for creating documents?
siddarth rajsiddarth raj
Sorry I missed a Note: Only SOAP Communications.

Hi Kevin, Thanks for the participation. I do not really not have any idea about Built in rest functionality for creating documents. I will have a look If it encourgaes I give a try, But bad part is we are agreed for SOAP communications alone since http certificate is not supported for REST calls in salesforce.