function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shawn ClarkShawn Clark 

"Import from Device" Contacts on Visualforce Page

Hi, 

Is there anyway to access the "Import from Device" feature that is available on Salesforce1 from the Contacts Object when you hit New button, from a visualforce page? I am learning about Cordova/PhoneGap and dynamic components on the visualforce page, so I guess I could create my own Hybrid App that allows me to get contacts from the iOS device, but was hoping there was a way to leverage this function, since it is now standard on the Contact object. Any thoughts?

Thanks, 
Shawn
Best Answer chosen by Shawn Clark
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
No, you will need to use a mechanism like Cordova to access the device specific features such as Contacts.

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' & upvote it to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.

Gaurav Kheterpal
Certified Force.com Developer| Salesforce Mobile Evangelist| Developer Forums Moderator| Dreamforce Speaker

All Answers

Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
No, you will need to use a mechanism like Cordova to access the device specific features such as Contacts.

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' & upvote it to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.

Gaurav Kheterpal
Certified Force.com Developer| Salesforce Mobile Evangelist| Developer Forums Moderator| Dreamforce Speaker
This was selected as the best answer
Shawn ClarkShawn Clark
Dissapointing, but thanks for the confirmation.