function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shiva pendemshiva pendem 

Salesforce1 - Accessing Community in Salesforce1 Mobile Application

Hi Guys,

We are trying to make use of Salesforce1 Mobile app for allowing user to use our community. Using the Community Login URL, i have added the server from "Change Server" option in the top right menu. Now, our community login page loads up at first.

Once community user enters username and password, it redirects them to the landing page. After login, there is another option in top right menu as 'Reload'. This is for reloading the page, but if we do reload, then a popup window appearing as 'Salesforce1/chatter for Android’ requesting permission to access (Allow/Deny). In order to avoid this, we have given 'Salesforce1/chatter for Android’ permission at the profile level. But still this popup shows up and prompts the user to Allow or Deny everytime.

Q: What should we do to stop this popup prompting user to allow or deny permission?

Even if we Allow, it is taking the user to Salesforce1 Screen (not our visualforce pages in community) of community displaying the available objects on the left menu and feed etc,. Looks like its a standard community page in salesforce1.

Q: Is there any permission needs to be given to overcome/solve this or are we missing something here for accessing community from inside Salesforce1 App?

Mobile Android Version: Android v5.0.1
Enabled the Salesforce1 at the profile level and some of the connected apps also enabled by itself.

Please advise on this.

Thanks
Shiva
Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
This is controlled by the associated connected app setting.

* You can pre-authorise certain users so it won't prompt for permissions by chosing the "Admin-approved users are pre-authorized" option
* If you chose 'All Users may self-authorize:', this will ask users to approve once

If it's prompting the user *every time*, double check your connected app settings and try changing it to one of the above. You can read more about connected app setting here (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/packagingGuide/Content/connected_app_manage_edit.htm) (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/packagingGuide/Content/connected_app_manage_edit.htm).

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' & upvote it to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.

Gaurav Kheterpal
Certified Force.com Developer| Salesforce Mobile Evangelist| Developer Forums Moderator| Dreamforce Speaker

Can you share a screenshot of where it shows the 'Reload' button?
shiva pendemshiva pendem
HI Gaurav,

Thanks for Giving reply.

As you said I have chnaged as Connected Apps > OAuth policies:>Permitted Users:  "Admin-approved users are pre-authorized" . Now its not asking for Salesforce1/chatter for Android’ (Allow/Deny) Its working fine. 

But still the reload option in top right menu (after logging into community via Salesforce1 mobile app) takes the logged in user to a standard community page of the Salesforce1 mobile application. I need our community VF pages to be displayed after reload option or is there any way we can remove the reload option from the Salesforce1 mobile app?

Please advise on this.

Thanks
Shiva
shiva pendemshiva pendem
HI Gaurav,

As i was explaining already, we want to access the Communities through Salesforce1 app. Here i am attaching the screenshots,

First

This is my initial Screenshot here we Setup Server URL (by providing a Name and Community URL) and on clicking Apply button redirects user to login page (which is custom VF page as shown below:

Second

Above Screenshot entering Username and password, will authenticate and redirects user to our custom landing page (VF page) as shown in below screenshot:

Third

There is a provision on top right corner, by clicking on it, a small menu will appear as shown below, 

Fourth

If we select the 3rd option that is reload, then the salesforce1 app displays the standard community page of the Salesforce1 mobile application shown below:

Five

Even after reload, how should i take my logged in user to the Custom VF page (as per the 3rd screenshot above)? 

Please advise on resolving this.

Thanks,
Shiva
AFAIK, you can't really change the behavior of any buttons on this bar - Change Server, Reload, Clear Cookies

Is pressing the 'Reload' button a common use case in your app?
shiva pendemshiva pendem
Gaurav,

Thank you very much for giving reply.

We do not have this 'Reload' button functionality in our use case, since this is a default option to choose for the user after login. so, what if the user chooses this after login. This is the reason we are looking for an alternate or solution to resolve for this.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Shiva

No, as I mentioned, the 'Reload' functionality is not something the developer can control. If you believe this is a bug or a valid enhancement, you should raise it here - https://success.salesforce.com/ideaSearch

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' & upvote it to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.

Gaurav Kheterpal
Certified Force.com Developer| Salesforce Mobile Evangelist| Developer Forums Moderator| Dreamforce Speaker
Shikha Jaiswal TamanShikha Jaiswal Taman
Hi Shiva Pendem,
Did you find any solution/workaround for your issue ? I have similar issue - on clicking 'Reload' option, the user is navigated to either Salesforce org page (and not community page) OR is navigated to app login page(as if the user logged out)