function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Olivia GriffinOlivia Griffin 

create an in year value for an opportunity

Hello,
I am trying to compile a report that will show the in year value of all opportunites using their forecast value.
i.e. using the forecast value of an opp to calculate the actual amount of revenue that will be created in that year. If it had a start date of July 1st this would mean that its in year value would be half its actual value.
I contacted Salesforce help but was told that standard saleforce is not able to create a Formula Field that would have the 365 days of the year that I would need. They suggested I contact you for any suggestions/solutions.

Here's hoping you can help. Thanks very much, Olivia.
Cyrus TalladenCyrus Talladen
It is possible for you to create a custom button in the report page layout.  This button can call a global Apex class which can then make the query and necessary calculations you need to show on your report.  That apex class can also update a field in your report as you like.

Cyrus T
www.levementum.com

Olivia GriffinOlivia Griffin
Hi Cyrus,
Thanks so much for replying, we don't have a Salesforce developer here where I work. Would you know of anyone, or ideally would you be available for some ad-hoc work? Thanks, Olivia.
Cyrus TalladenCyrus Talladen
Hi Olivia,

We would be happy to have a small consultation for you but are you prepared to do some extra paperwork so we can troubleshoot your salesforce instance?  Myself and my colleagues are certified Salesforce developers and we do this full time but I can do pro bono for you as well.  The solution I gave you is broad, I know, and there probably has to be at least moderate customization (point-click) or development in order to implement what you want.  Please let me know in my email which is in my profile.  Thank you Olivia

Cyrus