function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
djensendjensen 

Is Log a Call/New Task a different record type than Send an Email

Hello - I have built a flow that is trigged by a process. The process is setup so that when a task's subject = Email: Course Implementation Summary, the flow changes the opportunity stage to commitment. If I create a New Task or Log a Call using the subject Email: Course Implementation Summary, everything works great. However, if I send an email via task "Send Email', and using the above subject, nothing happens. Any idea why this is? 

Note: I've tried these two subjects: Email: Course Implementation Summary and Course Implementation Summary. (I added Email: since this is automatically added to the subject line when an email is sent.)
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi, I checked this in my ORG and am able to see this same  behavior - checking this with my team internally.Will update you asa I hear back.
djensendjensen
Hi Sonam - I ended up chatting with support and they told me they are not the same so this is why it only works via task, not email. This is not possible through email message either. The agent said I would have to use a trigger. 

SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Yes, thats correct. you would have to go for a trigger for this one.