function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Halo CEOHalo CEO 

Lightning Process Builder Challenge in Trailhead

Hello All,

I keep getting this error on this question:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated.

Screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/30lrmgz8zogxulf/Screenshot%202015-03-23%2016.09.38.png?dl=0

Screenshot 2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wrdht63l18591b/Screenshot%202015-03-23%2016.10.57.png?dl=0

I have gone over this many times and I would appreciate any help to get through this challenge!!

Thanks!
Best Answer chosen by Halo CEO
Emilien Guichard 16Emilien Guichard 16
Hi,

here is my process :

User-added image

User-added image

All Answers

Hi,

here is my process :

User-added image

User-added image

This was selected as the best answer
Halo CEOHalo CEO
Thanks!
Geetanjali RawatGeetanjali Rawat
Hi,

I am also facing the same error over and over again even though I have tested it myself manually, the changes on the contact records happen as required. But when I submit the challenge, its says its
"Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated."
Can anybody pls point whats wrong here. Thanks!

My screen shots of the process:

criteria:
Criteria

actions:
actions
Judi Sohn (dev profile)Judi Sohn (dev profile)
Okay, it's not just me. I think this one is broken. :-( 
Halo CEOHalo CEO
This problem is totally doable! Dont give up!
Sandra OprenchakSandra Oprenchak
I am getting the same error as Geetanjali Rawat, what am I doing wrong?
Roger PavelleRoger Pavelle
I am getting that error as well.  The only difference I see between my version and the ones posted above is that I am building the process on Contact rather than Account.  Why would that make a difference?

Also, can someone explain why using Account.Parent values doesn't work.  This is the second challenge in a row where I'm getting mixed up by the use of the term Parent in the instructions.
JIm FullerJIm Fuller
I got it to work when I had the fields in the exact order required by the challenge.
Francis Alberto Vargas CruzFrancis Alberto Vargas Cruz
Mr. Jim Fuller got it right. You have to do it both in the Criteria and the Immediate Action in the same order that challange presents it.
anand k 11anand k 11
Hi All,

i am getting below error can .I have followed same steps provided by Emilien Guichard 16
you please help me on this

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 00128000004ekaGAAQ; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, dssf: []

Thanks
Anand
Velma McConnellVelma McConnell
So, I've been battling this for over an hour...I've done this both as the Account and the Object.  I've had the fields referenced be in the exact same order and I'm still getting that error message.  I do not know what the problem is. 
Velma McConnellVelma McConnell
I finally went in and did this step by step.  I started with Account, then my filter was Shipping Zip Code: Is Changed: True.  I had it update the contact record then saved, activated and tested and it worked.

So I just kept adding steps...here are my screenshots

User-added imageUser-added image
Andrew EversleyAndrew Eversley
Hello Salesforce Community, 

I'm having some issues with the Lightning process building challenge myself. Here is the error I've received:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated.

Below are my screenshots of my critieria's, Any insight would be appreciated. I followed the precedence set by Velma that she had success with.
Update Records
Update Contact Records
Moovendhan ElanchezhiyanMoovendhan Elanchezhiyan
Hi Andrew Eversley,

While setting the Contact field values you are using the reference of Account's Billing details. It should be Account's Shipping details. You can refer your criteria. 
Lisa Lankford 4Lisa Lankford 4
I solved the issue when I realized I had accidentally set the criteria to evaluate only on record create versus on create or edit.  As soon as I changed that one setting, I passed!  Thanks to everyone above here for the screen shots...very helpful!
Emir DelicEmir Delic

Hello,
I have the same error.
"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated."
I have tried on many ways, used your ways too.  I have deleted validation rule from past exercise, but still get this message.
Can anyone help me, please?

Thank you!

Bill PowellBill Powell
I ran this process several times and kept choosing (AND) all criteria are met. Change it to (OR). Essentially, what you are telling the process is only change contact address info when ALL 5 fields are changed, which is not what the project wants. 
Nathan BasistaNathan Basista
Emire Delic
Ensure that you have set "choose object you want to start" to ACCOUNT, then select update when record is created or edited. 
Then follow Velma's answer from above in the forum.

shashikant pandeyshashikant pandey

Step1 Go to the setup and type Process builder in the quick find box and click on.
User-added image
Step2 Click on the New Button and fill the Process name, Then click on save button.
User-added image
Step 3 Click on Add Object and select the Account object from the object lits.
User-added image
Step 4 Click on Add Criteria and Enter some Criteria Name. Ex ZipcodeUpdate
Step 5 Slecte conditions are mate for Criteria for Executing Actions.
Step 6 Set Conditions EX.( [Account].ShippingStreet | Is changed | Boolean | True)
Step 7 Select conditions All of the conditions are met (AND)
Step 8 Save.
User-added image
Step 9 Click on Add Action (Immediate Action)
Step 10 Type Action Name and select Records Contact ([Account].contacs)
Step 11 Select No criteria—just update the records! for Criteria for Updating Records then Set new field values for the records you update.
User-added image
Step  12 Save
Step 13 And Click on Activate button.
ShunnShunn
I think the trailhead challenge is having issues. I tested the process builder and it does the update as required, but when I checked  the "challenge" it still threw up the error. I am not sure why @ Emilien Guichard 16 you would set the condition to "false" though?
@Adakole Kennedy, There is no issue. Trailhead challenge having no issue, it's working fine.set the condition to "True" it will work.

ShunnShunn
@ Pandey, My conditions are set to true. Still getting the error. When I create a record it does what I want it to do though.
@Adakole Kennedy, I will send you video, Kidly provide me your mail id. otherwise i'll make a video call with you to solve your issues.
Abhinav SinghAbhinav Singh
Hi
Here the key issue is that we have select Shipping Address Fields. I have seen few of ths screenshots above where Billing Address Fields are used and that is the reason it is failing the challenge. Please check the fields you have used in criteria and update step.
Sonia Flamm 4Sonia Flamm 4
Hi All,
I was having the same error issues and thought it was Trailhead. I then realized I had selected the wrong object to update on the Action. See the below screen shot for selecting 'Contacts' to update. Hope that helps some of the errors!User-added image
Hi All,
If you people have still problem then, I will give you demo for this, just send me your mail details on my mail sfdc.shashikant@gmail.com
Hi All, 
Just go throw the link, you will get solution
Thanks
Naresh KukretiNaresh Kukreti
I am getting following errorCriteria
I am getting following error
Valentin ThorisValentin Thoris
It is very frustrating, I have watched the video, checked almost all comments on the forum related to this problem, still have the Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated

Here are my screenshots. Thanks for any help you can provide!

User-added image
User-added image
User-added image

User-added image
Sivan NaorSivan Naor
I have the same issue. My values are correct and the update is working on all child contacts. But I too get the error 'Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated.'

I was able to solve this on a different environment a while ago, so I'm assuming something had changed.
Valentin ThorisValentin Thoris
Yeah, I restarted it two or 3 times with new training orgs and finally got it validated, with the exact same config as described in the screenshots. Anyway...
Sivan NaorSivan Naor
Yes, I was able to use the exact same configuration in a different org. What a waste of time...
günhan gültekingünhan gültekin
Do not forget to set Start Process Type "when a record is created or edited"

User-added image
Dave Moffatt 32Dave Moffatt 32
I'm having a somewhat different problem... I successfully passed the challenge, but the actual Process Builder doesn't work... I.e., when the Account address changes, it doesn't change Contact addresses.   I have no validation rules or anything else that might interfere with this Process.  Any help or hints greatly appreciated!
Sivan NaorSivan Naor
Hi @Dave Moffatt 32, can you provide screen shots of your process?
Dave Moffatt 32Dave Moffatt 32
Hi @Sivan Naor, thanks for asking. Here are 3 screenshots, the process beginning, the criteria, and the actions.  Any insight greatly appreciated!
ProcessBuilderScreenshot1
ProcessBuilderScreenshot2
ProcessBuilderScreenshot3
anna koizumianna koizumi
Hi.

I was troubled with the same problem for a long time.
I solved it by recreating the process on the new Playground.
If all the settings are correct but you can not clear this challenge, try in new Playground.

thanks.
Hi 杏奈 小泉
Just go through this video, you will get the exact processs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fp2naavRb0
Thanks,
anna koizumianna koizumi
Hi shashikant pandey
My problem was already resolved.
But this video is usefull for all, thanks :) 
杏奈 小泉 ! Thanks for your compliment. 
Ruchi KagdaRuchi Kagda
this is really frustrating... i have followed the exact steps everyone here has and i still face the same issue. I have one question, why would i need to launh a different org everytime? i also noticed that you can choose your hand-on org to be either your personal org or the trialhead org. WHat is the difference? so when i was launched for a trialhead org, i face the same issues as the rest of the you all. As soon i switched to my personal org i see the following error. ANy help here is appreciated User-added image

User-added image
Brian_ParkerBrian_Parker
I verified that the order does need to be exact on both the criteria and action: street, city, state, code, country. Also, Is Changed = TRUE, not false. How frustrating!
Jim PretlowJim Pretlow
It worked for me when I created a new process instead of cloning and modifying my initial process.  On my very first version of my initial process, there was an error in which I mismapped a field.  I cloned and modified the process to correct it.  After that, I tried adding the Geolocation, Latitude, and Longitude as one poster suggested; I tried changing the sequence to match the challenge; I tried changing the sequence of the update to match the sequence of the criteria.  I inactivated all of the other processes in the playground.  I deleted all of the old versions.  None of it worked to pass the challenge, although I tested changing each attribute individually on my own, and the results were correct.

Finally, I just created a new process. The sequence of the criteria doesn't match the sequence of the update.  And, neither of the sequences match the challenge.  My old process is still in my playground, and it is inactivated.  If I reactivate it, it still doesn't work.  HOWEVER, I did try cloning the one that passed the challenge and removing geo loc, lat, long (sequence 3, 4, 5 in the working version).  It FAILED the challenge.  I added them back as sequences 6, 7, 8; and it worked.  Call me crazy...
Murali LakshmanMurali Lakshman
I have run into this issue and its really driving me nuts. Now, even after I delete all the processes, I still get this error:

"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, ExampleTrigger: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.EmailException: SendEmail failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_ID_FIELD, ID is invalid or you do not have access to the record.: [toAddresses, Your email address] Class.EmailManager.sendMail: line 13, column 1 Trigger.ExampleTrigger: line 5, column 1"

Hello, you have a previously existing trigger called ExampleTrigger that is triggered, try to inactivate the trigger by putting its content into comments or try this challenge on a new fresh playground org.
Murali LakshmanMurali Lakshman
Thank you Emilien Guichard! Much appreciated. That was it.. 
DILLIPKUMAR MOHANTYDILLIPKUMAR MOHANTY
I was getting the error : Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 

To solve this: I have created a new play ground and tried what I was doing in my old play ground. Just make sure we have to deactivate the validation rules in accounts and contacts if any. Thats all.  My advise , never try in the old trail head, it did not solve for me at all.
Saket Ranjan 3Saket Ranjan 3
This challenge is completed when Contact mailing address fields (Street, City, State, Post Code, Country) are updated on changing the parent Account's shipping address. 

We have to create Process builder on Account because we checks the changes on Account.
Check if there is any change in the shipping address(Street, City, State, Post Code, Country) of Account and if there is any change in any of them field we set boolean is true.(All these condition are in AND condition).
Finally we update Contact mailing address fields (Street, City, State, Post Code, Country) by taking the reference of its Account(Parent).
Dont forget to maintain the order of fields.

Robin Van EschRobin Van Esch
What solved it for me: No new org, No new Process But using the order in the CHALLENGE: Street, City, State, Postal Code, Country
seth weilandseth weiland
Error: An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated.

Finallly PASSED the challenge and the field order was the problem.  Like robin said above, use the order Street, City, State, Postal Code, Country. 

Account Shipping Address info > Contacts Mailing address info
cheers -s
Harini SKHarini SK
Error: An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated.
Finally cleared the challenge, by changing the environment in TrailHead.
Also, follow the below link by Shashikant Pandey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fp2naavRb0
Vishal RamchandraVishal Ramchandra
Hi Friends,
I'm getting same error

@Harini 
I also follow the same link which one provided by but still getting error for that
Please help me out anyone
Jayashree Venkatesh 23Jayashree Venkatesh 23
@Harini SK Thanks alot
Shelby CodyShelby Cody
Struggled so long with this, turns out I did it right but I guess maybe my org was buggy? I started fresh on a different playground and it worked fine.
Rimjhim SinghRimjhim Singh
Hi guys, in addition to getting all the criteria right. Please deactivate any validation rules on the account and contact object that you might created for practice. They might be obstructing with records changes due validation on other fields, even though your process is right.
Steven Johnston 6Steven Johnston 6
THATS IT!!!

Finally after trying and re-creating this it turns out all I had to do was de-activate the stupid validation rules I had on Account and Contact objects

This really needs to be highlighted on the Trailhead site on this challenge - it will save a lot of frustration for users as this error has been popping up for 6 years or more now.

Christopher KopecChristopher Kopec
As others have posted, you need to deactivate the validation rules on the account + contact objects that you may have created in previously. The trailhead challenge should be updated to warn about this issue. Just wasted an hour and had the process correct from the start...
Oksana Оксана КоломієцьOksana Оксана Коломієць
Thank you for the hint! It worked for me as well after I have deactivated validations rules on account and contact object.