function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dana J ArriganDana J Arrigan 

How Alpha is this Beta?

I thoroughly love what you've created and the direction you are going with Trailhead. I've recommended it. I've completed several modules. As a collector I was even planning on going through and getting all the badges.  

However, when I logged in today all my progress has disappeared. My username is still there, and the login still works, but everything else is wiped clean. 

I know that changes to the UI and to the modules are happening and will continue to happen. But this is the second time I've lost all my progress (the first being shortly after completing some modules for the free t-shirt offer).

Trailhead is still a great learning tool, and definitely useful now for that. But for those of us who are looking to take on the challenge of completing all the modules, should we wait until after Beta? I noticed a few other posts of lost data and progress and want to make sure I have the right expectations for the current state of the system. I'll still use it to learn new things (I enjoyed the salesforce1 module), but in the cases of the modules I already do know, I just won't go back to catch 'em all. 

Not yet at least. =)

Side idea: Twitch plays Trailhead! :D
Best Answer chosen by Dana J Arrigan
Update: When I logged in today my badges and progress was back.

Unless I hear otherwise, I'll assume that this hiccup was just related to a platform update (and went away when deployment was fully completed).

Still love the idea for "Twitch plays Trailhead!" =)

All Answers

Update: When I logged in today my badges and progress was back.

Unless I hear otherwise, I'll assume that this hiccup was just related to a platform update (and went away when deployment was fully completed).

Still love the idea for "Twitch plays Trailhead!" =)
This was selected as the best answer
Adam Purkiss 99Adam Purkiss 99
The most common reason for this is that although it looks like you're logged in as user X, you're actually logged in as user Y. Since there are at least two sessions in play, one being the main login and the other being the DE org you're working in, it's easy to miss when, for example, another login to Salesforce becomes your primary session. However, the name in the upper-right of the main page should reflect this and perhaps there was a rendering issue. When in doubt, log out and log back in again to be sure.

The way Trailhead works under the hood, you're not going to lose this data. All Trailhead progress is permanently tied to whatever profile the progress occurred in.

JASON WOODBURYJASON WOODBURY
Let me echo the positive! Trailhead is awesome and I'm really enjoying the experience. I too lost progress and am sure my org was not confused with another because all my modifications to the org are still present. I don't really care about a t-shirt and my primary goal is the active learning that this tool provides but I have to say that logging in and seeing my progress wiped was a blow. I'm over it! Great tool, please sir can I have some more????