function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AmWeAmWe 

Installing an existing app as a manged package

Currenlty we have an app deployed in the production org. we want to install same app in the same org as a managed package. can we do that while keeping existing data
pconpcon
Unfortunately I do not think you can.  Most (maybe all) manage packages are namespaced.  This includes the custom objects and custom fields.  The good news is that you might be able to have the manage package version installed at the same time as the unmanaged version.  This would allow you to be able to migrate the data over from the non-namespaced objects to the namespaced one.  The only thing I could see that could go wrong with this would be if things like VisualForce pages conflict.  I would reach out to the maintainer of the managed package for advice.
AmWeAmWe
Thanks for your reply. Is there a easier way to migrate data between objects. From unmanaged object to managed object. Ex : from Employee__c to ta__Employee__c
pconpcon
Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this.  If there are no interdependencies between the objects then it is much easier, but if you have join objects that both are changing then it is tricky.