function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mattie BayneMattie Bayne 

Help with Custom Object and Moving Data

We decided to use custom fields to make the Account layout do what I needed it to do for our Lenders that we work with. These companies about 20 right now are companies that we need to be able to place multitudes of different data in separate fields for. I have about 90 custom fields on the Account object now to accommodate this and do need more with no end in site to when a new piece of information will be discovered to document for xx number of lenders that we have at that point. 

I would like to create a custom object only for Lenders since it's not the intended purpose of Accounts. Before I go making all these fields again and duplicating hours of work I would like to know if there is a way to Copy the way I have accounts set up now to the new Lender Object as well as move the data associated with those into the new object. 

(2) Also would like to find out if there is a way to make one custom field but have it replecated 4 times on the same Opportunity Page. We have currently 4 fields in Opportunity labeled Lender 1 lender 2 lender 3 and lender 4. These are currently doing KIND OF what I want them to do as they are lookup fields and create a custom relationship back to the Account (which should be a lender object) showing each opportunity that was sent to each lender. It's manageable now but creates 4 custom relationships to look at which is annoying. Not all of the 1-4 would in any instance of an Opp be the same and as well as cross Opps it wouldn't be put into the same 1-4 sequence as a previous Opp. Not that it can't be it's just not normally and we have 20 lenders right now so the 4 that are chosen for a certain Opp just may not be the same at all. 

Any help is appreciated - Also there is a list of things I would like done within Salesforce that I am capable of doing with the time allowed to research and at this point I think we may just look into getting a programer so if anyone is willing to talk pricing for services I can most certainly entertain those options as well. 
GautamKumarDrefGautamKumarDref
HI Mattie,

1.There is no way that you can duplicate an existing object to create a new one. You will have to create all the fields yourself.

2. As far as data is concerned then you can extract the account object through data loader as a csv file and then remove the id field and then insert it via data loader and map the lender field to the similar account field and the data will be loaded accordingly.

3. One custom field can't be replicated more than once in a page layout so you can't do replace the four lender fields with only one.