function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hylim1215hylim1215 

unable to lookup primary campaign source in opportunity

i have created this 'Opportunity A' & 'Campaign A', so now i would like to relate Campaign A to Opportunity A by going to Opportunity A and click on the primary Campaign Source lookup but nothing come out, i unable to search for the 'Campaign A' but i am able to search for Campaign B,C,D which is created under other record type. What could be the problem?

Thanks.
Best Answer chosen by hylim1215
sandeep sankhlasandeep sankhla
Hi hylim1215,

There is no need of changing the recordtype to make that visible..you must be missing something from below..

these are few things whihc can cause this:

1. Lookup filter
2. If Campaign is not Active then that will not be visible.
3. Sharing security

Please check if you missed anything from these..

All Answers

Hi hylim1215,

Check if is there any lookup filter impossed on lookup..go to opportunity fields and check *primary campaign source* field and check if is there any filter...Plese check and let me know if this solves your issue.

P.S. If my answer helps you to solve your problem please mark it as best answer. It will help other to find best answer.

Thanks,
Sandeep
Salesforce Certified Developer 
hylim1215hylim1215
Hi Sandeep,

There isnt any filter under this Primary Campaign Source field -> No lookup filters defined.

apparently, i change the Campaign A record type to other record type and it become searchable in my Opportunity A's Primary Campaign Source lookup and then i change back to original record type and it appear! Why do i have to change to other record type first? 
Hi hylim1215,

There is no need of changing the recordtype to make that visible..you must be missing something from below..

these are few things whihc can cause this:

1. Lookup filter
2. If Campaign is not Active then that will not be visible.
3. Sharing security

Please check if you missed anything from these..
This was selected as the best answer
hylim1215hylim1215
Hi Sandeep,

I checked,

1) Lookup filter -> No lookup filters defined.
2) If Campaign is not Active then that will not be visible -> The campaign is Acitve
3) Sharing Security - > I am using System Admin account, I should be able to see all campaign records right?

It is weird that once I change the record type of this campaign record to other record type then it become searchable. FYI, I have 2 record type A & B

If I create a new campaign using record type A then the record is searchable in my any of my Opportuntiy Primary Campaign Source lookup, however, if I create a new campaign record using record type B, this record is not searchable in my Opportuntiy Primary Campaign Source lookup, I had to change the campaign record type to record type A and switch back to record type B then only it become searchable in Opportuntiy Primary Campaign Source lookup field. What else I am missing?
hylim1215hylim1215
Hi Sandeep,

Yes you are right, it was my mistake I overlook the Active field, we have some other custom field called 'Active' as well serving different purpose. The standard Active field was not checked. It working now.

Thanks!