function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
padmapadma 

app exchange is not installed

Hello everyone,
 can you explain a anyone  how to install app through appexchange:
if i am trying to install an app  i am getting the error like this:

Oops! Looks like you don't have permission to install apps.
This problem any body know solution explain
Thanks &Regards

PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Padma,

Please refer to this post:
https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000hbQzAAI

Thanks,
Pratik

sandeep sankhlasandeep sankhla
Hi padma,

Are you a system admin if not then whatever profile do you have that should have the permission to install apps in org..please check your profile and permissions..

P.S. If my answer helps you to solve your problem please mark it as best answer. It will help other to find best answer.

Thanks,
Sandeep
Salesforce Certified Developer 
padmapadma
thanks for your reply,

yes my profile is system admin but why the app is not installed.i will check permissions also.

thanks&regards

sandeep sankhlasandeep sankhla
Hi padma,

You can check the below link which Pratik has shared in above comments..may be this can help you

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000hbQzAAI
MellowRenMellowRen
Hi

I kept having these problems despite following the advice in the other post. For me, the problem turned out to be how I got to the AppExchange page in the first place—specifically, I googled a problem then followed a link to the AppExchange.

To solve, I entered the AppExchange from inside Salesforce.

In my case I wanted to install an App into a Sandbox, so my full process was:
  1. Log into my (System Administrator) account within the sandbox using Sandbox credentials.
  2. Select "Setup" from the username menu at the top.
  3. Select "AppExchange Marketplace" from the LHS, under the App Setup section. [This appears to be the crucial step.]
  4. Use the search box to find the App you are trying to install.
  5. Click on "Get it Now".
  6. Choose the option to log in using your credentials.
  7. Regardless of where you intend to install, use your Production credentials here. [Previously, I would the get the "Oops" error here.]
  8. You will be asked if you want to install in Production or a Sandbox. Choose Sandbox.
  9. Choose which Account you want to go into. In my case since I chose the same sandbox as above, it remembered my credentials from two minutes ago and went straight to the install page. I may ask for you to login again in which case use your Sandbox credentials.
  10. You will then be in the install area and can continue.
I am assuming that if you want to install in the Production environment directly then at step 1 log into the Production environment instead and obviously choose "Production" at step 8. I did not test this though so the process above may be a little different in this scenario.

Hope this helps.