function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
OLEKSII GAIDUKOLEKSII GAIDUK 

API Access in Group and Professional Editions clarification

We have developped app which is connecting to the SF by using Rest API.Also we fased with the same problems that app can't be used with 
PE and GE orgs. based on this doc: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000005140&language=en_US
My questions beased on this:
1. If this is still correct rule that each app which wants to use REST API and access PE and GE orgs. need to pass security review? Also based on this doc:http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/packagingGuide/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/dev_packages_api_access.htm
2. Can our application pass security review and not be part of the Software Vendor or Consultant Partner program? In other words if this is requarament? 
3. How much it costs to pass security review? 

NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Oleksii,

Q: Is AppExchange Security Review required?
A: Yes, all AppExchange and OEM applications are required to pass a security review before they can be listed on the AppExchange and/or distributed to any customers. 

Q: Why do I need to undergo a security review?
A: We want to make the AppExchange the most trusted cloud application ecosystem. Conducting a security review helps build a culture of trust by ensuring that the applications meet a set of security standards and best practices.

Q: Why do I have to test my app before the review if the security team is going to test it anyway?

A: Your testing before the review is to give you the best chance possible to pass the review on the first round. Our security review based on best practices and is very thorough. The work that you put in up front will pay off later in the process, because retests create significant delay for your app and the process as a whole.

Q: Can I submit my application before it's complete so that I can get the security review process done early?

A: No. It’s very important that the offering submitted is the version that you intend to distribute and is complete. If the offering that is submitted is not what you intend to distribute or is incomplete we will not be able to properly identify issues. This will result in a full re-review and delay.

Q: Is there a fee?
A: There is a one-time upfront fee, and a small subsequent annual fee for this process. The initial Security Review fee is $2,700 USD for each paid app submitted (no fee for free apps). This includes the annual listing fee of $150 USD for the first year. If you have questions, speak with your ISV Account Executive about Security Review fees.

Please follow the below link for more information

https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Security_Review_FAQ

Best Regards
Naga Kiran
OLEKSII GAIDUKOLEKSII GAIDUK
Hello,
Thank you for your response. But my application will be only in Apple store (we are not planning to put it on AppExchange). Also our iOS app only intermidiate client and all work on our side does our server which is interacting with SF. And I wander do I need to pass Security Review in this case when app is not planning to be in AppExchange?

Thanks in advance