function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sunil NandipatiSunil Nandipati 

REST API - How may active sessions can I have with a single user license?

We are planning to build a webpage which will use the REST API Webservice to connect to salesforce using one salesforce license.
So multiple users will try to access the webpage at a single time and try to retrieve their contact information and update them.

The question is
How many parallel sessions can i invoke using the REST API Webservice on a single license?

Thanks.
KevinPKevinP
Having done this before let me throw out some tips / tricks.
  1. Use a dedicated user for this. Don't mix the "integration" user with a real-life user.
  2. Ensure your code is written to retry in the case of a 4xx/5xx error with login. Most of the good integration libraries do this for you. I know RestForce does. 
  3. If your app is a traditional client/server approach your server pool is likely all behind a single IP, making the session tokens valid for any call established from there. If you're doing an angular/react/framework-of-the-week where these calls are originating in a users' brower you will likely encounter serious difficulty with authorization / recognition of new clients. 
  4. if possible, queue your calls through a singleton interface to the api. 
That said, your proximate question is likely mute if you're using a traditional client-server application design, where the server is making the api calls