function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Connie SintosConnie Sintos 

Stuck on Challenge Module 2: Create an approval process that validates when a Prospect Account becomes a Customer.

The challenge as follows:

For purposes of local regulation new customers must be approved by the legal team.

When an Account has the value of 'Prospect' in the Type field, a user will click the 'Submit for Approval' button to launch an approval process. The process will only happen if Type is 'Prospect' and there are more than 500 employees. Upon entry of the process, Type will become 'Pending' and be locked. If approved, Type will be set to 'Customer' and be unlocked. If not approved, Type will be set back to 'Prospect' and will be unlocked.

The Account object's Type field must have the following picklist values: Prospect, Customer, Pending. Before creating the approval process, verify the values in your Account object setup
The approval process name must be 'Approve New Account'.
When user click 'Submit for Approval', the approval must be processed if the Type field is set to 'Prospect' and the value of Employees is greater than 500.
Upon entering the approval process, set the Type field to 'Pending' and lock the record.
Normally the approver would be someone else. In this instance, assign yourself to be the approver.
If approved, set the Type field to 'Customer' and unlock the record.
If not approved, set the Type field back to 'Prospect', and unlock the record.

I am getting error message: Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, missing required field: [nextApproverIds]: [nextApproverIds]

This are the steps I did:

Created approval process called Approve New Account
Criteria Account Type field equals Prospect and Account Employees field greater than 500
Final Approval Actions - Update Type field to Customer
Final Rejection Actions - Update Type field to Prospect

What am I missing that I received the error message?  Please help.

Thanks.
Himanshu ParasharHimanshu Parashar
Hi Connie,

You need to select approver in approval steps as shown in below screenshots.

User-added image

User-added image

Thanks,
Himanshu
Salesforce Certified Developer | Administrator | Service Cloud Consultant

P.S. If my answer helps you to solve your problem please mark it as best answer. It will help other to find best answer.
Connie SintosConnie Sintos
Yes.  This worked!
Nirmal9114Nirmal9114

hi.

i am facing this problem intead of adding the values to picklist too

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Account setup for challenge incomplete. Please add 'Prospect', 'Customer' and 'Pending' picklist values to the Account 'Type' field

Konda Vijayendra ReddyKonda Vijayendra Reddy
Hi Tanya

Account--->View Fields---->Type---->Account Type Picklist Values Block Click on "New"----->Add Customer,Pending Then Click on Save.
This Will Solve Your Problem.

RAMALINGA REDDY 2RAMALINGA REDDY 2
hi,

"Create an approval process that validates when a Prospect Account becomes a Customer"

I am facing problem with this trail head so plz provide snapshot for every step If it is possible

Harshal Chowdhary 1Harshal Chowdhary 1
I am getting the below error:

Error: Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The approval process entry criteria evaluated to true when they should have been false. Check to make sure you have set all entry criteria exactly as specified in the challenge

Entry Criteria: (Account: TypeEQUALSProspect) AND (Account: EmployeesGREATER THAN500)

I don't know what I am doing wrong..
sai dhanasai dhana
HI i am getting the below error:

can help me out of this issues.

i did all

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The process did not set the correct Type value on submitting for approval

thank you
Kishan MalepuKishan Malepu
Try..this hope it will work for you

User-added imageUser-added image

And Final Step
User-added image
Regards,
Kishan

Asish NandaAsish Nanda
Hi All,
  i am getting the below error, though i have already added the picklist values by creating a new account custom field and relationship values.

Account setup for challenge incomplete. Please add 'Prospect', 'Customer' and 'Pending' picklist values to the Account 'Type' field .

kindly assist.
 Thank you.
Hi Asish,

Can you verify your pick list values again.
1.Create a pick list values first
2.Create a aprroval process based on account object
User-added image
Please provide the steps what you have done?

Regards,
Kishan
Asish NandaAsish Nanda
Hey Kishan,
 Actually i have added those picklist values by creating a new custom filed in account object.Is this a wrong way to add picklist values??
Here is the screen shot.User-added image
Hi Asish,

Yes..I think problem with your pick list Instead of creating new pick list you can use existing picklist "Type" , add the pick list values for that field.
Check your approval aproval process..which you are calling   is it "Type" or "Approval Status".Its bettes to call vanila field "Type"Please refer my previous post screen shot for approval process and pick list.Please let me know if its works for you.

Thanks & Regards,
Kishan

devicharanteja Ramaranguladevicharanteja Ramarangula
Hello,
I am getting the same error
"
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []
"
I think I have done everything as mentioned in the challenge but still geting through it!
can anyone help me with this!!
Colm DoranColm Doran
Hi Kishan,

I was stuck on this exercise aswell but when I looked at your post from Jan 7th 2016, I was able to successfully complete it. Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Colm
Hi Colm,

Good news..Nice to hear you and gives inspiration to help others :-)
If you like my answer please mark it as best answer. It may help others to choose best answer easily.

Thanks & Regards,
Kishan

Karishma GangwaniKarishma Gangwani
Hello,
I am getting the same error
"
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []
"
I think I have done everything as mentioned in the challenge but still geting through it!
can anyone help me with this!! :(
Adeline MooreAdeline Moore
Can anyone share with me the screen shots for tthe final steps sections.
User-added image
I need to see the actual data entered int these sections please. Thank you very much!
INDERJEET S SINGERKHANIINDERJEET S SINGERKHANI

Thanks Himanshu Parashar,

It works for me too....!

Lavanya MentaLavanya Menta
Hi all,
I am getting below error message.....
"Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []"

Please correct me if there is any mistakes in my screen shots.

Thanks,
Lavanya.
User-added image

Monse GonzalezMonse Gonzalez
I share my solution 

1.- Into Account validate Field Type :
                                          Values: Prospect, Customer, Pending.

2.- Created the new process 'Approve New Account'
     Specify Entry Criteria Type equals Prospect and Employees greater than 500
User-added image
save

Tab Initial Submission Actions
Select option Field Update click Go button 

4.- Upon entering the approval process, set the Type field to 'Pending' and lock the record.

User-added image
save

Tab Approval Steps
Click Edit 
5.- In step 3 Select Assigned Approver assign to user
User-added image
save

6.- Tab Final Approval Actions 
User-added image
save

7.- Tab Final Rejection Actions 

User-added image

Save

I hope it will help

prem kumar 71prem kumar 71
thank you its done

Rajeshwar PatelRajeshwar Patel
Hi ,

Can Any one Give the proper Reason Why We all getting this error . All the Steps are correct 

Prakretish SaikiaPrakretish Saikia
Hi Rajeshwar,

You are getting an error because there is a validation for the employee field which you need to delete. Once you have deleted the validation the code will work fine.
If you like my answer please mark it as best answer. It may help others to choose best answer easily.

Thanks and Regards
Prakretish
Steven DumbletonSteven Dumbleton
I am given the (Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.: []) Error Message,

Prakretish, How does one delete the employee field in the validation code?
a sangeetha 5a sangeetha 5
Hi Prakretish,
Im stuck with the module the following error is displayed. I have checked many times. There is no validation on the employee field.

Please help me to fix the issue.
Thanks in advance.
Narendra jangir 4Narendra jangir 4
Hi All.
 I am stuck at step -> Upon entering the approval process, set the Type field to 'Pending' and lock the record.
 User-added image
I am not able to change the object to Account for this activity to complte. Can anybody guide me
I tried to change Initial Submitters but find is not working there either, So totaly stuck.
User-added image
Please Help !!!
shawn Quinnshawn Quinn
I am having a tough time with this one.  This is my error:  

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [Account__c, Type__c]: [Account__c, Type__c]

I have tried this a few different ways:  I tried with the standard account:type field and added the necessary picklist choices...didn't work...and I have now tried this with a custom account field: type which should work, but is getting me the above error.  I have even tried this using 2 differen't salesforce orgs to no avail.  Frustrating to say the least! :)
Anjalli GairolaAnjalli Gairola

Hi, 

I'm getting this error. In Account object , only Name field is required which cannot be edited .

please help me to fix the issue.User-added image

rashmi Budakotirashmi Budakoti
Hi,

I was getting this error

This worked for me:

I had created a custom field  Type__c which was giving this error. I have deleted this field and added the values i.e Prospect,Customer and Pending to Standard Account:Type picklist and modified all the approval sub process which were using my custom field to Standard Account:Type.

Adding values to Standard Account:Type picklist

Build>Customize>Accounts>Fields>Account Standard Fields tab click on Type field

in Account Type Picklist Values section click on New and enter the Account types value.

For Your Refernce, Please find below screenshots

Approval process : Approve_New_Account

User-added image

Initial Submission Actions
Click Add New>Field Update

User-added image
Approval Steps

Assign approver to urself
User-added image 
Final Approval Actions 

Add New>Field Update

User-added image

Final Rejection Actions

Add New>Field Update

User-added image

Save and Activate the Approval process. 

I hope it will help

Regards
Rashmi Budakoti
rashmi Budakotirashmi Budakoti
Hi @Narendra jangir 4,

You might have selected Manage Approval Processes For:Opportunity instead of Account while creating a Approval workflow.

User-added image

Please select Account from the drop down.

User-added image

Hope this will help.

Thanks,
Rashmi Budakoti

Jacob CukjatiJacob Cukjati
for those having problems try this out. Change the Manage Approval Processes For to Account on the Approval Process Page.

Use Account
Sayuri TaniokaSayuri Tanioka
Hi :)

I'm getting the error below and I'm pretty positive that I've set up the Account 'Type' picklist field value which I have then added to the approval/reject actions to change the field values as instructed. Can someone please assist me in finding out what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!

Error:
Account setup for challenge incomplete. Please add 'Prospect', 'Customer' and 'Pending' picklist values to the Account 'Type' field​

User-added image
Mohammad Abid MajgaonkarMohammad Abid Majgaonkar
I am getting this error. Followed the exact same steps as mentioned in the screen shots. No idea where I went wrong.
Jarvis JacksonJarvis Jackson
@ Mohammad Abid Majgaonkar, I have the same error. How did you solve this?
Starr LimStarr Lim
Hi @Mohammad Abid Majgaonkar & @Jarvis, not sure if you have solved it yet but i did had this problem too.
My error was that i created a new custom object "Account_Type". I went to Setup > Account > Field and added the neccesary. ( prospect, peding & customer).
The right way was that to not create a new custom object. Go to Setup > account > field select "Type" ( which is the third last field in this screenshot) and click on it and add the relevant names. :) Hope it helps!User-added image
Starr LimStarr Lim

Hi
To all those who faced this error,

System.DmlException: Process failed. First exception on row 0; first error: NO_APPLICABLE_PROCESS, No applicable approval process was found.

Initally i created a new custom object for "Account_Type" which was totally wrong. We do not need to create any new custom object. just head over to account > field and there will be "Type" field available to edit from there.

Since i had created "Account_type" earlier, in my process my field was "account: account_type" the right one is in my screenshot.
User-added image

Not sure if any of u did similar to me but hey, hope this helps! :) and also rmb your approval steps need to be set to your name.

User-added image

Brad LloydBrad Lloyd
In case it helps, my issue was setting the condition to GREATER THAN OR EQUAL TO 500 when it's looking for GREATER THAN.  It wasn't clear in the conditions.
Avdiel CanóAvdiel Canó

Hi All,
Having some issues with this module PLEASE HELP; here's my error:

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [Account_Stge__c, Approval_Picklist__c]: [Account_Stge__c, Approval_Picklist__c]

I think it was self-inflicted since I started creating things I didn't have to :-(

Debra UDebra U
@Monse Gonzalez ... thank you so much.  This helped me immensely, I completed the module and earned the badge!  Thanks again!
Ankit Sharma 153Ankit Sharma 153
Got Error in trailhead
System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [Submit_for_Approval__c]: [Submit_for_Approval__c]User-added image
Yasmine NewmanYasmine Newman
@ankit Sharma, I have the same error in trailhead. Not sure what to do!
Delubio de PaulaDelubio de Paula
 User-added image

For those of you stuck with this task, go to Setup, Approval Processes
In the Initial Submission Actions, click Add New, then Field Update (repeat this process three times, one for Prospect, one for Customer, and one for Pending)
You need those fields for the, Approval Steps.....click on Show Actions then, on the gree dot where it reads Approval Actions, click on Add Existing, then on Select Existing Action, click the dropdown menu click on Field Update on the Available actions choose Field Update: Customers and Add.
Repeat the process for the red dot where it reads Rejection Actions and at the end choose Field Update: Prospect.

DONE!
Tyleshia AvantTyleshia Avant
I am having the same issue, I followed your steps and the steps in the youtube video. Here is my error and screens:

The process did not set the correct Type value on submitting for approval
Approval Processes

Any suggestions?
thrinadh raothrinadh rao
Hi ,
I am getting the below error on Create an approval process that validates when a Prospect Account becomes a Customer.
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [Test__c]: [Test__c]
Thomas ZiomekThomas Ziomek
I get the following error and have taken the following steps: "Can't find the necessary account type options. Add 'Prospect', 'Customer' and 'Pending' as picklist values for the Type field on the Account object." Error
I used both the instert Field Update that I created, and the existing ones but neither work. 
My settings are

Settings
And the "Account: Type" Field settings 
Fields

Any help is appreciated... stuck for over an hour now. 
Sorry- Here are the field settings from the previous post
Field Settings
Not sure what I did differently but I got it to work. I started over using a 3rd trailhead playground, redid all steps, and manually input the field updates and viola
 Fixed
Praveen Kumar APraveen Kumar A
Edit Account object "Type" pick list by adding "Pending" and editing "Customer-Direct" "Customer-Channel" to just "Customer"  Then follow the instructions in the challenge select "Type"

Praveen Kumar APraveen Kumar A
Edit Account object "Type" pick list by adding "Pending" and editing "Customer-Direct" "Customer-Channel" to just "Customer" Then follow the instructions in the challenge select "Type"
amirag sharmaamirag sharma

Challenge not yet complete in My Trailhead Playground 1
When the approval request is approved, the approval process doesn't set the correct Type value.
Please help me where i am getting stuck....
Rahul Govindgeri 7Rahul Govindgeri 7
Hi Sharma,

While selecting the picklist values in Final Approval Actions, Final Rejection Actions, Initial Submission Actions. make sure this picklist values existed in Account Object, Type Field. In Final Approval Actions, select type picklist should be Customer only which is added to Type field. not Customer-Direct or Customer - Channel. and make unlock all Record lock..it will work
nikhithanikhitha
Challenge not yet complete in My Trailhead Playground 2
User-added imageUser-added image
Navneet Kumar 93Navneet Kumar 93

Hi Guys can you help me on this i, got stuck in Trailmix3  "Customize How Records Get Approved with Approvals". i am not able to create "Account Type To Pending" in the Field Update Initial Submission Actions   it is throwing   "Error: This Unique Name already exists or has been previously used. Please choose a different name." how to delete existing Field Update Initial Submission Actions if t is duplicate i am not able to find. please find the screenshot for your refrence.

iUser-added image

P.S-->i havetried by deactivationg the approval process .once i deactivate i couldnot created approval process with same Approval process name

Gomathy GiriGomathy Giri
n the Initial Submission section, add a Field Update action that updates the Account: Type field to Pending. The name of the action must be Account Type To Pending. The dropdown after Account>>Type>>
Specify new Field Value doesn't have Pending  options..
User-added image
George SauterGeorge Sauter
Before You Start
Verify that the Account object's Type field has the following picklist values: Prospect, Customer, Pending

1. Click the Object Manager Tab
2. Select Account
3. Select Fields and Relationships
4. Select Type
5. Click 'New' in the 'Account Type Picklist Values' section
6. Type 'Pending' and 'Customer' each on their own line and click save
Tushar Singh 23Tushar Singh 23
Hi Trailblazers,
All the necessary prerequisites and details are already given in the challenge. For the reference, check the image below for the solution.
User-added image

IF YOU GET THIS ERROR- We submitted an account approval request that doesn't meet the entry criteria. We expected the request to be rejected, but it was approved. Make sure your entry criteria are Account:Type = 'Prospect' and Account:Employees is greater than '500'.

To successfully complete and verify the challenge, the testcase needs to run first. The org has Validation Rules created on the Account and Contact Object that are causing error.
Check Validation Rules on Account and Contact Object > Deactivate the rules >Uncheck the Active Checkbox to Deactivate
  • Account_Number_8_Characters
  • Contact_must_be_in_Account_ZIP_Code
Thanks
PS: If my answer helps you to solve your problem please mark it as best answer. It will help other trailbalzers too.
BABLESH AAZADBABLESH AAZAD
Hi Trailblazers,
                        I"m also de-activate all Validation Rules on Account and Contact Object but shown this error::--
""We submitted an account approval request that doesn't meet the entry criteria. We expected the request to be rejected, but it was approved. Make sure your entry criteria are Account: Type = 'Prospect' and Account:Employees is greater than '500'.""
ani gho 10ani gho 10
This is pretty simple challange.......
but if anyone out there is facing the error as outlined below as i did inspite of doing as preescribed than there is some glitch i donno wats going on.....
The Solution is to use an new org

The Error
We submitted an account approval request that meets the entry criteria. We expected the request to be approved, but it was rejected. Make sure your entry criteria are Account: Type = 'Prospect' and Account:Employees is greater than '500'.

Failed on highlighted with above error did exactly same on  the next one "hands on" and passed the challenge
User-added image

varun saini 16varun saini 16
I am seeing this how do I unlock this.

User-added image
Aashya bodugulaAashya bodugula
Hi can anyone help me in this. I am unable to activate approval process if i click on activate button nothing is happening. Please help me so that I can complete the challenge
Phil RokesPhil Rokes
Thanks Tushar!!  Your solution with Validation Rules on Account and Contact Objects fixed my issue.  (Not sure how you figured this out but thanks for doing so!)
Priya Gupta 144Priya Gupta 144
Hi Trailblazers, Need your support to complete this challenge.. have tried 4-5 times and 3 playgrouds but still stuck here :( 

PFB screenshot hoghlighting all my configurations:-
User-added image

Receiving below mentioned error:
We submitted an account approval request that meets the entry criteria. We expected the request to be approved, but it was rejected. Make sure your entry criteria are Account: Type equal to 'Prospect' and Account: Employees is greater than '500'.

Any suggestions based on your experience ??