function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Connie SintosConnie Sintos 

Stuck on Module 2 Trailhead - The Flow should be invoked from Visualforce Page (new error received)

Stuck on Module 2 Trailhead - Create a flow to streamline entry of new accounts, contacts, and opportunities.Please help!  I am stuck on creating flows.  Can't seem to work.  I keep on re-doing my work and not sure if I am doing it right.  The challlenge as follows:

To pass this challenge you will need to create a flow that implements the business process of Account, Contact, and Opportunity data entry and place it on a Visualforce page.The Flow will need to be called 'New Customer Flow'.
The Flow should have a screen with fields for First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Opportunity Amount, and Opportunity Stage.
The Flow needs to have steps to create an account, a contact, and an opportunity from the data entered.
Opportunity name, close date and stage are required fields. Name the Opportunity '{Company Name} - {Last Name}', set the close date to one month from today and set the stage to 'Prospecting'.
The Flow should be invoked from a Visualforce page.
The Visualforce page should be called FlowPage.
The Visualforce page will need a component to reference the 'New Customer Flow' process.

If possible, if you can provide a snapshot.
==============================================================================================================
HELLO SANDEEP SANKHLA,

I slightly edited what I had to look at what you have provided (great snapshot, btw!).  Now, I got an error: Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: A Visualforce page named 'FlowPage' was not found.

This is for the last 3 bullets in the challenge:
1)The Flow should be invoked from a Visualforce page.
2)The Visualforce page should be called FlowPage.
3)The Visualforce page will need a component to reference the 'New Customer Flow' process.

I tried to do the steps from the module, but I don't understand.  Can you please help again?

Thanks.
Connie Sintos
KevinPKevinP
You'll need to make sure your visualforce page is named "FlowPage" such that you can get to it via

/apex/FlowPage
Connie SintosConnie Sintos
KevinP, I don't know how to go this step.  Please guide.  Thanks.
SFDC@RnSFDC@Rn
Do you have the Visualforce page "FlowPage" ? - you can check on Develop -> Pages ..  This should show you the visual force pages you created.  If the page is created , click on it and you should see a markup similar to this one:

<apex:page > <flow:interview name="New_Customer_Flow"></flow:interview> </apex:page>

John LinJohn Lin

I get this error message when I use this code in VF page:

[Error] Error: FlowPage line 2, column 27: Open quote is expected for attribute "name" associated with an element type "flow:interview"
[Error] Error: Open quote is expected for attribute "name" associated with an element type "flow:interview".

<apex:page>
   <flow:interview name = “New_Customer_Flow” />
</apex:page>

Please help.
Dhananjay Patil 12Dhananjay Patil 12
@John Please change the double quotes of "New_Customer_Flow".The error will solve
Zbynek Nop 11Zbynek Nop 11
Removing the double quotes worked thanks.