function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John McGlinnJohn McGlinn 

In Support Console can you highlight a "primary" tab as the most important case?

The use case would be if a support agent has ten open tickets, the criteria for "hot" case would differentiate that tab with a color or some other type of indicator. 

I've thought about creating a Tab through VF and populating that page with appropriate case, but it would have to be selected in the drop down rather than a case amongst other cases in the primary tab section. 

Any sniff in the right direction would be helpful and I'll share the completed project once it's done. 

Best Answer chosen by John McGlinn
SlashApex (Luis Luciani)SlashApex (Luis Luciani)

Hi John,

If I understand you correctly, you might be able to achieve this by changing the Case Detail page to be a VF page and adjusting the title accordingly.

Example:

VF Page to replace Case Detail (View):

<apex:page StandardController="Case">  

<apex:includeScript value="/support/console/20.0/integration.js"/>
  <apex:variable value="fdafs" var="afdfsd" rendered="{!CONDITION HERE}">
  <script>
    sforce.console.setTabTitle('** {!Case.CaseNumber}');
  </script>
  </apex:variable>
  <apex:detail inlineEdit="true" relatedList="true" relatedListHover="true" showChatter="true" />

</apex:page>

In bold is the JS method that changes the Title of the tab. Here is a link to the API with other customization you can make, including changing the icon. (setTabIcon() method)

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_console/index.htm

All Answers

SlashApex (Luis Luciani)SlashApex (Luis Luciani)

Hi John,

If I understand you correctly, you might be able to achieve this by changing the Case Detail page to be a VF page and adjusting the title accordingly.

Example:

VF Page to replace Case Detail (View):

<apex:page StandardController="Case">  

<apex:includeScript value="/support/console/20.0/integration.js"/>
  <apex:variable value="fdafs" var="afdfsd" rendered="{!CONDITION HERE}">
  <script>
    sforce.console.setTabTitle('** {!Case.CaseNumber}');
  </script>
  </apex:variable>
  <apex:detail inlineEdit="true" relatedList="true" relatedListHover="true" showChatter="true" />

</apex:page>

In bold is the JS method that changes the Title of the tab. Here is a link to the API with other customization you can make, including changing the icon. (setTabIcon() method)

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_console/index.htm
This was selected as the best answer
Hey SandboxHey Sandbox
Hi SlashApex,

How can we use this "sforce.console.setTabTitle()" through Lightning Component/Interface?
I've done with VF Page and working fine as expected.

User-added image

Please respond!

Thaknks,
Prashant Raiyani