function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TheLearnerTheLearner 

Very urgent.........regarding formula fields

Hi Experts,

I have one requirment i need to test all the formula fields in my org whether they are working or not , please provide me soluation with examples so that i will test please...

Thanks in adavance
TheLearnerTheLearner
i mean to say is that i need to test each and every object in standard objects and custom objects which have formula fields.please provide me soulation on that 
sandeep sankhlasandeep sankhla
Hi 

What exactly is your requirnmnet ? You have created few formula fields on few objects and now you want to test all of them?

If this is the scenario then where is the problem..

You can simply create few records and test that formula field if that is working as expected..

But in case you are not getting what should be the output of formula field then you can paste your formulas here I will guide you..

Thanks,
Sandeep
TheLearnerTheLearner
HI sandeep,

I have formula fields are  there in standard objects and custom objects, i need to check each and every formula field whether working fine or not, there so many formula fields are there so how i need to test whether they are working fine or not, 
Hi 

You need to simply provide the all values whihc is used in formula fields and then you need to save the record and then you need to compare the result..

Example:

You have one formula field which simply take count from field A and add 10 to it and shows..

Then you need to provide some value in field A and save the record and now suppose you haev provide 25 so after save the forula field value should be 25+10 = 35..
so this way you can provide the values and check the result if those formulas are working fine or not..

P.S. If my answer helps you to solve your problem please mark it as best answer. It will help other to find best answer.

Thanks,
Sandeep
Salesforce Certified Developer 
TheLearnerTheLearner
Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for the reply, what i need is that on which field is firing ,i need all the fields which are firing in all the objects, and i need to test it.whether they are working fine or not.

Thanks
TheLearnerTheLearner
for example:

IF(ISPICKVAL(Account.Rating, 'Very Hot'), 'High', '') ,

on the rating field its firing, so i cant go each every object to check on which field its firing, what is the result , instead of going each and every custom object or standard object, i need soulation in terms of apex class or trigger so that i can check all the fields at time thats what

Hi mysalesforce,

From code also you need to provide values and compare the value..In both ways it will be same only..same time it will consume...to verify all formulas you need to check them first that what is the formula written and then you need to compare the value if that is calculating correct..

TheLearnerTheLearner
Hi sandeep,

Can you able to provide me a  sample code so that i will try to build  code with that and i wil post it over here for further clarifications. please