function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prathibha s 3prathibha s 3 

User cannot edit Email Opt Out field on Contact object.

Hi All,

I have a user to whom I need to give edit permission on Email Opt Out filed on Contact object. I have used Permission sets to make this as I want to give access to that particular user alone, however User can edit other custom fileds which I added in permission set but not Email Opt Out field.

I checked with OWD settings of Contact where it is "Controlled by Parent" under Default Internal Access and Default External Access. Where in the Parent (Account) OWD is "Public Read Only". Does this effects my case.

Adding to that, I have disabled the Read Only checkbox of Email Opt Out on page layout too. Am I missing anywhere? Is there any solution for this problem? Please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!
Prathi.

sandeep sankhlasandeep sankhla
Hi Prathiba,

Can you check field level security for this field...OWD should not effect this because as you said you are able to edit other custom fields..

Thanks,
Sandeep
prathibha s 3prathibha s 3
Hi Sandeep,

Yes, the field level security for user profile is VISIBLE and field accessibility is Read Only. If I change the field accessibilty to Visible, then all the users under that profile can edit that field, that shouldn't be the case here, I want only that specific user to edit that field.

Thanks,
Prathibha