function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sonali  vermasonali verma 

dev 401 certf

Hello friends

I am appearing for DEV 401 certf.
Can any pls clarify the following questions:?

1) salesforce edition not available today is:

Ans:  Premium
I think it is expert but not sure 

2)     What will cause the analytic snapshots run to fail?
Please select three (3) choices.
a)   The source report has been deleted.
b)   The target object has a trigger on it.
c)    The running user has been inactivated.
d)    The target object is a custom object.
e)    The source report is saved as Matrix report

Ans: I think it is  A,B,C & E also
Can option E) be right?
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=data_troubleshooting_snapshots.htm&language=en_US

3)     Using the force.com platform declarative model to build an application.  Which of the following do you NOT have to do?
Please select three (3) choices.
a)   Install a database server
b)    Configure an application using clicks not code
c)   Deploy a web server
d)   Administer and email server

4)  An organization has two custom objects to track job positions and salaries for those positions.  Everyone in the organization should be able to view the
      positions however, only select users can view the salary records.   What steps should a developer take to ensure the requirement is fulfilled?
a)   Create a lookup relationship between positions and salaries; define public access on position and private access on salary
b)    Create a master-detail relationship between positions and salaries; define public access on position and private access on salary.
c)    Create a master-detail relationship between positions and salaries; define private access on position and create sharing rules on salary.
d)    Create a lookup relationship between positions and salaries; define public access on position and public access on salary; create sharing 
        rules on salary to  restrict visibility.

Ans : I think it is option D) but not sure...

5) An organization needs the ability view the value of the Opportunity Stage field on an Opportunity Product related list.
     Please choose the declarative method of fulfilling the requirement.

a)    Create an Apex method to replicate the value on the child object, and set the field level security to read-only and expose the new field on the
        Opportunity Product related list.
b)   Create a cross object formula field on the Opportunity Product object and expose the formula field on the Opportunity Product related list..…
c)    Create a validation rule on the Opportunity Product object.
d)    Create a new pick list field called Stage on the Opportunity Product object, and expose the filed on the Opportunity Product related list.

Regards
sonali verma
Best Answer chosen by sonali verma
Pankaj_GanwaniPankaj_Ganwani
Hi,

1. C, VLOOKUP can be used here.
2. Correct
3. Correct
4. Correct
5. A and D I think
6. A, We can create validation rule in conjunction with roll up summary field here. Use ISCHANGED(roll up fieldName) function to build the formula.
7. Correct
8. Correct
9. A and C
10. B and C I think. For more info, please refer https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc? id=customize_ui_settings.htm&language=en_US#SetupSettings

All Answers

Hi,

1 is correct
2 is B,C and E, A cannot be an answer since you cannot delete source report if analytic snapshot has been created on it.
3 is A,C and D
4 is A since in master detail relationship access to parent determines the access to its child objects.
5. B, You can use cross object formula field on child object to expose any field value of its corresponding parent field.
Hi thanks for ur reply

Could u confirm this question pls:?
1)What elements does a custom object automatically contain when it is created? (Select all that apply.)

A.    Field Sets
B.    Queues
C.    Page Layout
D.    Standard Controller
E.    Record Type

Ans : A,C,E  

Regards
sonali verma
Hi,

Only C and D. FieldSets, Queues and record types need to be created.
Hi

I hope this is my last set of questions.

1) The owd setting for accounts is private. A manager resides above a team in the role share some of the account data with the team.
     Which feature can extend the viewing privileges of the team to alow them to see each others data:?

A. report folder setting

B. dashboard running user

C. report running user

D. dashboard folder setting

My answer :  B,C (pls clarify)

2) All users of an recruiting application should be able to edit all positions, except for user X and user Y should be able to view positions.
      How developer meet this requirement.

A. set the OWD for positions to Public Read/write and use a sharing rule to rest

B. set the OWD for positions to Public Read/write and use a sharing rule to rest and remove X from the role

C. set the OWD for positions to Public Read only and remove X from the role

D. set the OWD for positions to Public Read only and use a sharing rule to all users except user X.

Ans: C

3) which capability does building an application on the force.com platform provide.

A. The ability to internationalize and localize the application

B. The ability to run reports on configuration changes

C. the ability to build applications with click and not code.

D. the ability to have applications upgraded without losing customizations.

A,C,D

4)What cannot be done with the profiles ?

A. Control password settings 

B. Control the tab access 

C. Give access to records by modifying the record types 

D. Set the CRUD permissions  (create read update delete (crud))

E. specify Language

F. Revoke sharing permissions

G. Timezone

Ans: E,F,G  
As per my understanding I think we can revoke sharing permissions  on objects . can u pls clarify

5)For the order management application, the developer has created a custom object to store the product line and product combination. 
     When creating an order, the product line and product combination needs to be consistent.  What is the best option for implementing this?

a)    Use a workflow to update the product automatically based on the product line.
b)    Create a validation rule using IF
c)    Create a formula field to enforce the combination
d)   Create a validation rule using VLOOKUP

Ans : D  (not sure)

6)   An organization wishes to have everyone view/edit records on an object except for a single person x who should only have read-only access to 
       the object.  What is the best way to implement the requirement?

a)    Modify the sharing access for the object to public read/write and remove user x from the role hierarchy

b)    Modify the sharing access for the object to private and remove user x from the role hierarchy

c)   Modify the sharing access for the object to public read only, create a public group with everyone except user x; create a sharing rule and 
     define read/write access to the public group.

d)    Modify the page layout to be read-only.

Ans : C

7) A developer wants to customize the look and feel of the user object.

Which page layout customization is NOT supported for the User Object? (Choose 2 answers)

A.Custom links
B.Tagging
C.Inline visualforce pages
D.Custom fields
E.Custom buttons

Ans : B,E

8) Job Applications is a custom object with a lookup relationship to the custom object, Positions. A developer would like to modify the position 
     fields displayed in the console mini view when a job application record is viewed in the console detail view.

What would a developer customize to accomplish this?

A.The mini page layout on the job application page layout
B.The related objects on the job application page layout
C.The mini page layout of the position page layout
D.The related objects on the position page layout

Regards
sonali verma
Hi Sonali,

1. B and C would be correct since if we share the folder with the teammates then they can also view the report configuration as well which we don't want to happen.
2. D would be the answer. Removing the user from role does not come under this context. It comes under the context of grant access using role hierarchy. However, we are talking about only two users here, so the best solution would be to create a public group of the users except users X and Y and give them access of read/write after making OWD for object as public Read Only.
3. A,C and D
4. C,E,F,G
5. D
6. C
7. B and E
8. A

Please let me know if the answers make sense to you.

Thanks,
Pankaj
Hi Pankaj

For certf Q 4) what cannot be done with the profiles,  for a profile with system administrator we can edit the record types. so ideally saying option c) should not be an answer. can u pls clarify?

Also can u pls clarify?

1). A developer wants to leverage the console to view to see the parent object of the child object in focus on the console. How would a developer specify
      what related list fields are displayed on the parent object?
a) On an child object’s mini-page layout
b) On an parent object’s mini-page layout related lists field selection
c) On the parent object’s page layout related lists field selection
D) You can’t modify the related fields on the console view

my answer : C  

2). Which of the following cannot be used on a User page Layout? Please select two (2) choices.
a) Tags
b) Links
c) Buttons
d) Custom Fields
e) Inline Visual force

Ans : A,C

3). An organization has created a HR application which contains a custom object for job positions and candidates for the positions.The HR managers want to
     see a view of the position with the best candidates for that position and not just all the candidates listed.What is the best method to fulfil the requirement?

a) Add a visualforce page
b)Add the candidate related list to the job position page layout
c)Create a vaslidation rule on the job position page layout
d)Create a formula field on the job position object and add to the page layout

Ans : A

4) which items relate closely to the view layer of the model view-controller paradigm?  

Ans : apex classes
          apex extensions

Regards
sonali
Hi Sonali,

Using profiles we can give the access of various record types to the user, but its not mean that we can give them access of records. Record types are meant for UI purpose only which allows user to create or view the records with different alignment of fields.

Regarding 1, This is correct.

Regarding 2, Tags cannot be dragged to the User page layout, you can drag the custom buttons to user page layout but they will no longer be visible to you on User detail page. If you want, you can try it.

Regarding 3, Inline Visualforce page is best approach for this, since on the related list we cannot put any filter. All the records will be shown there belong to particular parent. Validation rules are for restricting the user from saving the record. 

Regarding 4,  Both belong to controller as they belong to logic part. View part includes vf pages, page layouts, tabs etc.

Please let me know if this makes sense to you.

Thanks,
Pankaj
Hi Pankaj
I am OK with your answers. Thanks

sonali

Hi Pankaj
Can u pls clarify these?

1) an aorganization has decided to manage hiring and positions. A custom object has been created to  manage all new job positions. All positions below
     $50000 must be aproved by the hiring manager, and positions above $50000 must be approved by the hiring manager and the regional manager.
     what would a developer use to declaratively fulfill the requirement?

a) Apex code to check positions salary and assign to the appropriate resource for approval

b) approval process

c) validation rules

d) dynamic routing approval

I think option A) is right but I see that option B) is right in google posts

2) In an recruiting application using an approval process on a custom object called positions. A position 
    record requires simultaneous approvers in the approval process step:?

when can the position record advance to the next step in the process:?

A . approve or reject based on the first response

B. Require unanimous approval from all selected approvers

C. Require majority approval from all selected approvers

D. Require x out of y approval from all selected approvers.

my answer :A,B

3) which is true about master-detail relationship:?
   select 2 choices

a) when the parent record has been deleted; all child records ‎will be deleted

b) you can have a child record without parent record.

c) you have to expose the master lookup field on the child detail page layout

d) you cannot delete a child record.

my answer : a
option B  is wrong because master-detail field is always mandatory by default

option c) false

option d) false

can u pls clarify

4) where do u change the hover detail:

a. page layout

b. mini view

c. profile

d. mini page layout

my answer is D . but pls clarify. 

5)  In an recruiting application, salary is the child object to parent position object via master-detail  relationship..The min pay and max pay fields of salary
     object cannot be modified when position status  on the parent is approved. How would a develoepr design this?

A . create a visual force component on position detail page

B. roll up summary field

C. validation rule on position object

D. Formula field on the salary object

E. validation rule on the salary object

my answer : E
because we can throw error message if field value is changed

6) Universal containers needs to make all records of an object visible to all users when it is in  'Approved' status. The records are created with the 'New' status
     and are only visible to a select set of users. How developer implement this:?

A. set the object level sharing to private, add a workflow rule to update the sharing rule when status changes

B. set the object level sharing to Public read only, restrict the sharing when status is 'New'

C. set the object level sharing to private,create a public group with appropriate users,modify  manual sharing to public group based on status

D. create role hierarchy, modify the user profiles when status changes 

I do not have a idea how to approach this. 

Regards
sonali verma

Hi Sonali,

1. For this, declarative approach has been mentioned in the question, so Ans would be B.
2. A and B are correct
3. A and C would be ans. You will have to place master detail field on child object layout for sure.
4. D is correct. Hover details are only changed using minipage layout.
5. E is correct ans. You can use cross object formula in validation rule to determine the status value of parent and throw error accordingly.
6.  C would be the ans since A is based on workflow, B will give access to all user for all kinds of status, C will provide us the best controlling of access. By opting C, We can create public group for all users and give them Read Only access by creating sharing rule(where status=='Approved'). The owners of the records can manually share the records with other users.
Hi Pankaj

Can u clarify these:?

1) A universally required field is a custom field that must have a value whenever a record is saved within salesforce. This property is:

A. available for custom fields

B. available for standard fields

C. applied at data model level

D. applied at individual page layout level

Ans : A,D

2) Universal containers tracks candidates as a custom object in an recruiting application. On a candidate record, the city entry field must be
     in the state selected in the state field.

How would a developer meet this requirement using declarative(point and click) means:?

A. Create a dependency on the address field that ensures only valid cities are selected for a given state.

B.  create a formual field on the address object that looks up the state for the entered city

C. Create validation rule that checks the city entered against an object to validate the state for the entered city

D. Create a workflow outbound message that sends city and state information to an external global database of known states.

Ans : A

3) what is not true about case teams

a) you can add team of users to cases

b) you can create a workflow for case teams

c) you can predefine case teams for users

d) determine level of access to read/only, read/write and read/write/transfer

Regards
sonali verma
Hi,

1. Correct
2. C, We can use VLOOKUP function to accomplish it.
3. B and D, Workflow cannot be created and each case team member has similar access on Case record.
Hi Pankaj

Le tme know these

1) Universal containers tracks candidates as a custom object in an recruiting application. On a candidate record, the city entry field must be
     in the state selected in the state field.

How would a developer meet this requirement using declarative(point and click) means:?

A. Create a dependency on the address field that ensures only valid cities are selected for a given state.

B.  create a formual field on the address object that looks up the state for the entered city

C. Create validation rule that checks the city entered against an object to validate the state for the entered city

D. Create a workflow outbound message that sends city and state information to an external global database of known states.

my Answer : A

2) Security elements of Force.Com are OR what is included in security model of force.com sites

A. Full CURD permissions on all custom objects

B. Read/write permissions on all standard objects

C. Named visual force pages

D. restricted IP Ranges

my answer : A,B

3)In a custom application,custom objects are used to track positions and job postings site(e.g.Each position is typiclaly posted to many job posting 
  sites)

which additional object is required to relate positions and job postings so that a user can report or associated with a given job posting site.

A. junction object

B. Parent object

C. Lookup object

D. Standard object

my answer : A

4) In an recruiting application, a Position custom object is related to salary custom object. Sensitive information such as current salary 
      is stored on the salary object.All users should be able to view at least view position information. However only select individuals should
      be able to read salary records.
      How developer accomplish this:?

A. create a master-detail realtionship between position and salary ;set OWD to public read-only for position and private for salary

B. create a lookup relationship between position and salary;set OWD to public read only for position and for salary

C. create a lookup relationship between position and salary;set OWD to private for position and salary.Then create a public group for positions
   and view access for all users.

D. create a master-detail realtionship between position and salary;set OWD to private for position and salary.

my answer : C

5) which of the following is true about custom currency:?

A. custom fields

B. custom currency

C. relationships to other objects

D. Page Layout

E. User Interface Tab

6) Universal containers built a recruiting application with 2 custom objects , Job applications & Reviews that have master-detail relationship.
    Users should not be able to deleted review records after job application rules have been approved.
    How would developer meet this requirement

A. use validation rule in conjunction with the roll-up sumamry field

B. remove the delete button from the job application page layout

C. change the interviewer's profile  to Read only for the review object.

D. use the workflow to change the page layout to read only

my answer : B

7) Universal containers tracks offers as an object on a recruiting application. once an offer has been
   accepted by a candidate, there should be a value in a currency field called sctual salary.

A. create a validation rule to make sure the actual salary is not null;whenever an offer is accepted

B. create a workflow field update to see the property of the actual salary field to required

C. create a field dependency between the salary amount and status of accepted

D. create a validation rule to make actual salary required each time the offer records is saved.

my naswer : A

8) Universal containers tracks positions in a custom object as part of recruiting application, New positions must approve can be filled.
     only recruiting manages can submit new positions for approval:?

A. create a recruiting managers group ,set approvals to private, and create a sharing exception for recruiting manager

B. create a workflow rule whereby only users with recruiting manager profile are allowed to submit positions for approval

C. create a validation rule that checks whether a user with the recruiting manager profile is saving new positions for the record

D. create an approval process where users with the role of recruiting manager role are allowed to submit the position.

my answer : D (not sure)

9) a develoepr needs to support multiple currencies for a custom object in an application. 
    The multi currency feature has been enabled for the organization.

what does the developer need to know in order to successfully support that application:?

A. currency iso code will need to be supplied when inserting records in different currencies

B. The multi currency will automatically  track historical exchange rates

C. admins can add addiitonal currencies after the application has been built

D. roll up sumamry fields on a parent record will calculate incorrectly if the child records have  multiple currencies.

10) Enhanced list views are available for profiles. Use a list of profiles to:

A. compare profile settings

B. create,edit,delete custom list views

C. print list of profiles

D. export list of profiles to excel

E. make mass updates across multiple profiles

Regards
sonali verma
Hi,

1. C, VLOOKUP can be used here.
2. Correct
3. Correct
4. Correct
5. A and D I think
6. A, We can create validation rule in conjunction with roll up summary field here. Use ISCHANGED(roll up fieldName) function to build the formula.
7. Correct
8. Correct
9. A and C
10. B and C I think. For more info, please refer https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc? id=customize_ui_settings.htm&language=en_US#SetupSettings
This was selected as the best answer
Hi Thanks for clarifying my questions.
Today I cleared my SF developer certf and result is PASS

Regards
Sonali verma

Hi,

You are welcome. Congrats..:)
paluru laharipaluru lahari
Hi,
Anyone please clarify this?

In a recruiting application a position that is of type critical should not be kept open for more than 14 days. How will you develop the business logic to cater to this? 

a. Time-dependant workflow action to send an e-mail to the owner after 14 days
b. Time-dependant workflow action to send the record for review to owner after 14 days
c. Time-dependant workflow action to send an e-mail to the owner before 14 days
d. Time-dependant workflow action to close the position after 14 days