function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Samuel Gonsalves 8Samuel Gonsalves 8 

is connected app access all objects?

Hi All,

Just need to know if i create a connected APP , can it access all the objects in salesforce. What if need to provide for a specific object?

Thanks

Regards,
Samuel
Anupam RastogiAnupam Rastogi
Hi Samuel,

You can inturn control the object level access using Connected App. It goes like this - 

1. When connecting to Salesforce from outside using Connected Apps, we need to use a USER. 
2. Create a profile that has only access to those objects which you want this User to have.
3. Create the Connected App with Selected OAuth Scopes as 'Access and Manage your data (api)' only.

This way when the specified USER is used for connecting to the SFDC instance using the Connected App you created, it will be given only limited access.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
AR

If you found the reply useful that solves your query then please mark it as best.
Hi Anupam,

That was really useful. Could you also please help me out what are the other OAuth scope means and what can or cannot do with it

Thanks
Also if used "Full Access", does it give access to all my objects (Standard and Custom) ?
Anupam RastogiAnupam Rastogi
Hi Samuel,

'Full Access' also gives access per the Profile/Permission Sets assigned to the User but it also includes any access that is given by the other scopes like api, chatter_api, custom permissions etc. So if these scopes gives access to the User for other objects etc then yes the User will have all access.

For understanding other scopes you can refer: https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=remoteaccess_oauth_scopes.htm&language=en_US (https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=remoteaccess_oauth_scopes.htm&language=en_US)

I hope this helps.

Thanks
AR

If you found the reply useful that solves your query then please mark it as best.