function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael StanleyMichael Stanley 

Recently imported accounts are not showing up in global search

I am using Jitterbit to upsert new accounts into Salesforce each night.  After successful upsert, accounts do not display in Salesforce when looked up using global search.  If I run a subsequent query and get those new accounts' associated Salesforce ID and then enter that ID into the Salesforce URL, the account then displays and appears in subsequent global searches.  It appears as if the search algorythm is not picking up new account records and is somehow modified when one of those records is displayed using a direct URL path.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?
NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Michael,

If you are sure that the affected user should have access to the records in question (make sure there aren't any Org Wide Defaults/Role Hierarchy settings restricting access to the record) yet they don't show up on their search results, this user might need to modify their Global Search settings. 

The Global Search keeps track of which objects you use and how often you use them, and arranges the search results accordingly. Search results for the object you use most frequently appear at the top of the list.

It's possible that the object the affected user is looking for, is not an object they interact very often with, which would make it a low priority object on search results, thus it might not show up on the top search results.

After performing a search on the Global Search, you will see a Search All link on the left hand side of the page, clicking this link will do a search across all items using your current search terms. After clicking Search All, you might find the object/record you were looking for, then you can simply hover over and pin the object that you would like to have priority on your search results.

Next time you search for this record, it will show up on your search results.

Best Regards
Naga Kiran
Michael StanleyMichael Stanley
Thank you for the suggestion, Naga.  I checked the permissions, roles and profiles and could find no limitations.  When these account records do not return in the global search or search all, it's for all users including myself, a system administrator.  I upsert all account records (from our internal system) new and existing each night.  It appears to only be new records created via upsert that do not appear in search results.  Once the interface runs the following night, those records appear in searches given that they were now updated (via upsert).