function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NItesh SaxenaNItesh Saxena 

Add a field in managed-released package

Hi Experts,

I have created a managed-released package using partner community developer account. I haven't submitted it for security review yet. But I need to add one more field to the package. 

How can I do that? Can I log a case to Salesforce regarding this?

I don't want to create a new developer account & create a new package once again.

Thanks & Regards,

Nitesh Saxena

NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Dear Nitesh,

First, create the package extension in Salesforce. Then when you are creating the Force.com project in Eclipse, choose 'Contents of package' in the 'Choose initial project contents' screen and select the package you created earlier. What then gets downloaded into your Eclipse project is everything that has been added to your package extension. So, if you have added a field to a custom object from your managed package, you get a metadata file with just that new field in it.

Best Regards
Naga kiran
sandeep sankhlasandeep sankhla
Hi Nltesh,

You cant add field in already created package..you need to create another version of this and there you will be able to add the field..
P.S. If my answer helps you to solve your problem please mark it as best answer. It will help other to find best answer.

Thanks,
Sandeep
Salesforce Certified Developer 

Hi Naga,

Thanks for quick reply but I have been using Force.com platform for creating and managing package. 

Thanks & Regards,
Nitesh Saxena

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for quick reply. I am not able to create a new version as one version is already uploaded and needed to be deprecated, but Deprecate button is greyed out.

Thanks & Regards,
Nitesh Saxena