function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ramesh VaratharajRamesh Varatharaj 

Mass edit function

I need to extend my mass edit functionality to include some fields from child records  - i have a child object to opportunities called forecast and each opportunity can have only one forecast record. So in the mass edit function from the opportunity list view, i would like to include a field from the forecast. The expected end result - i should be able to edit the opportunities selected from the opportunity list view and edit page should include the one field from its child object "forecast". So SAVE would update both the opportunity and its child record.

Can you please guide me on how to customize the mass edit funciton to incorporate this change?
Sunil PalSunil Pal
HI Ramesh Varatharaj,

Do you want this functionality in standard detail page or any visual force page ?

Thanks,
Sunil
Ramesh VaratharajRamesh Varatharaj
Hi Sunil, I think this can be done only with visualforce + custom controller. From the opportunity list view, i should be able to select multiple opportunities and mass edit all them in single page. The edit page should also include a field form its child record. Please refer this screen shotUser-added image
Sunil PalSunil Pal
HI Ramesh Varatharaj,

Just a thought. You can create a component and in that component just need to pass Opportunity id and any filed which you want to display. And in component you can query on that object and get the value. 

I am checking from my side also for this scenario. Please try once.
Thanks