function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Leah ColbertLeah Colbert 

Apex Trigger Edit/Modify

Hello,

I am new at reviewing Apex triggers and Apex Classes. I am trying to edit two Apex Triggers on the Application and am having trouble figuring out how to do so. I logged into my Sandbox since I read a few discussions about having to edit Apex Triggers via Sandbox and deply, however, it seems like a bit much when all I need to do is add one condition to the trigger. Is someone able to assist me with this today? Am I able to edit the trigger in production at all?
What are the steps to take to help me in this process?

I greatly appreciate the help.
Best Answer chosen by Leah Colbert
Mudasir WaniMudasir Wani
Hi Leah,

Go to the object.
Then go to trigger section and click on the trigger.
Now you will get an edit button and click on that.
Here you go !!!!!!!!!

You can add code and save the trigger.
Let me know if you need any help

Donot forget to select best answer to make our efforts visible in the developer forum.
Please mark this as solution by selecting it as best answer if this solves your problem, So that if anyone has this issue this post can help

All Answers

Mudasir WaniMudasir Wani
Hi Leah,

Go to the object.
Then go to trigger section and click on the trigger.
Now you will get an edit button and click on that.
Here you go !!!!!!!!!

You can add code and save the trigger.
Let me know if you need any help

Donot forget to select best answer to make our efforts visible in the developer forum.
Please mark this as solution by selecting it as best answer if this solves your problem, So that if anyone has this issue this post can help

This was selected as the best answer
Rajiv Bhatt 16Rajiv Bhatt 16
No. you cannot modify the trigger in production org. You will have to modify the trigger in sandbox. create a change set (or deploy via ant) and deploy it to prod org.
Mudasir WaniMudasir Wani

Hi Leah,

Definitely you need to do it in Sandbox only and then you need to deploy it to the production.
Before deploying all your test classes will run in production that for your system validation only.

If you have already modified it create an outbound change set and upload it to producton. I assume you already have connection between two.
Then in production you will find the same in inbound change set and you can deploy it and wait till it is done.

Leah ColbertLeah Colbert
Unfortunately, I am in Sandbox and when I click on the trigger that needs modifying, there is still no edit button...
David ZhuDavid Zhu
Have you checked if you have "Author Apex" in your profile?  It is a must to edit any apex class or trigger.