function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ashish MalhotraAshish Malhotra 

Getting the following error while importing simple data in AccountsThe BillingStateCode field contains ON, which isn't an available state. Your administrator can add it for you.

Getting the following error while importing simple data in Accounts. 

"The BillingStateCode field contains ON, which isn't an available state. Your administrator can add it for you."

This is what I am trying to import/insert

Account Name Country State
Account US United States NY (Inserted)
Account Canada Canada ON   (Failed with above error)

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
This sounds like you have State and Country picklists enabled, but no states defined for Canada (or states defined but not ON). When this is enabled, Salesforce only allows values from the defined list of states.
Ashish MalhotraAshish Malhotra
Hey Bob,

Thanks for your prompt reply !

Yes, you are right that State and Country picklists enabled and all the states are defined Canada as far as I understand , however, as you mentioned they are not ON.....can you please tell me how to turn that ON. Also, I have attached a screen print of my ORG with State and Country picklists enabled for CAN......let me know if I have correct settings.

User-added image
Regards,
Ashish Malhotra
tggagnetggagne
I'm getting the same error trying to loand NS for Nova Scotia.  I've configured the lists just as you have.  What was your fix?  What were we missing?
tggagnetggagne

After making the default country Canada everything loaded fine (including all the US states).  I switch the default back to US and everything loaded fine.

It's as though all that was necessary was to make some other change to the configuration to "force" it to refresh itself to recognize NS and CA.