function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kushal MishraKushal Mishra 

How to send Notifications when Approval is reassigned?

How to send Notifications when Approval is reassigned?

Hi All,

Please help!
I am in new in SFDC and facing a issue please resolve it ASAP.its urgent.

Currently there is no actions in the Approval configuration that I can do to send an email alert when a user reassign the approval step to someone else.  Is there anyone who was able to archieve this by any other means? Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Kushal Mishra
Anupam RastogiAnupam Rastogi
Hi Kushal,

Assuming that you already have the Approval Process set up, do the following to check why the Email Alert is not triggering when the Approver is changed.

1. Go to SetUp -> Create -> Workflow & Approvals -> Approval Processes
2. Choose the object on which the Approval is based in the 'Manage Approval Processes For:' drop down.
3. The list of approval processes based on this object should now be displayed. Click the hyperlink of the Approval Process that you need to check.
4. This should open the detail page for this Approval Process. This page should look similar to the one shown below.
User-added image
5. Here see if the 'Approval Assignment Email Template' field shows any template or not. If it does, then check the template by clicking it on the hyperlink. It must be having some merge fields and some text.
6. Also check 'Next Automated Approver Determined By' field. This should be the Approver for the record. So for example if you are the owner of the record being submitted for approval then your manager (as per your User record's Manager field) should receive the email alert if the template is choosen and 'Next Automated Approver Determined By' is filled with 'Manager of Record Owner'.
7. Finally, make sure that the person who is getting the approvals after reassignment has a valid email address in his User record.

Thanks
AR

If you find this reply useful that solves your problem then please mark it as best answer.

All Answers

Hi Kushal,

I also have Approvals implemented in my application. And to recheck your issue, I did a test.

A mail is automatically sent if the approval is reassigned. There is no separate configuration required other than while configuring the Approval Process. Make sure - 

1. A proper email address is mentioned in the user record to whom the approval is getting reassigned.
2. An email template is picked in the Approval Process that should be used for any email alerts sent for approvals. You can check this in the Approval Process within the 'Approval Assignment Email Template' field.

Thanks
AR

Thnaks Anupam. can you please share all the steps one by one what i need to do? please share.
Hi Kushal,

Assuming that you already have the Approval Process set up, do the following to check why the Email Alert is not triggering when the Approver is changed.

1. Go to SetUp -> Create -> Workflow & Approvals -> Approval Processes
2. Choose the object on which the Approval is based in the 'Manage Approval Processes For:' drop down.
3. The list of approval processes based on this object should now be displayed. Click the hyperlink of the Approval Process that you need to check.
4. This should open the detail page for this Approval Process. This page should look similar to the one shown below.
User-added image
5. Here see if the 'Approval Assignment Email Template' field shows any template or not. If it does, then check the template by clicking it on the hyperlink. It must be having some merge fields and some text.
6. Also check 'Next Automated Approver Determined By' field. This should be the Approver for the record. So for example if you are the owner of the record being submitted for approval then your manager (as per your User record's Manager field) should receive the email alert if the template is choosen and 'Next Automated Approver Determined By' is filled with 'Manager of Record Owner'.
7. Finally, make sure that the person who is getting the approvals after reassignment has a valid email address in his User record.

Thanks
AR

If you find this reply useful that solves your problem then please mark it as best answer.

This was selected as the best answer
Hi Kushal,

Were you able to solve the problem with the provided steps?

Thanks
AR

If you find the reply useful that solves the problem then please mark it as best answer.
yes its working...thanks....
James OtaJames Ota

Hey all,

I am having the same issue now.

The template is set, and the 'Next Automated Approver Determined By' field is set to 'Manager of Record Owner'
When the submission occours, the orignal approver (record owner's manager) gets an email.

When the original approver reassigns the approval to someone else, however, the new approver is not receiving an email.
Anything that could be causing this issue?

Thanks,
James

Pedro Freire (Merkle)Pedro Freire (Merkle)
Please check and vote for this idea https://trailblazer.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=087300000006wPJAAY
Jolanda VerboekendJolanda Verboekend
I followed the above mentioned steps. Everything is configered as suggested. When the approval starts a notification email is send to the approver. But when re assigning the approval request, no email is send.