function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kevin TerusakiKevin Terusaki 

Custom VF page publisher action that utilizes iPhone camera to upload documents (Salesforce1)

I'm using the <input type="file" accept="image/*" capture="camera"/> tag in a custom VF page publisher action. When choosing to take photo or select an existing photo option, the publisher action gets dismissed. When I reopen my custom publisher action, it opens with the publisher action header overlayed on top of a blacked out camera view. (It seems like the camera crashes and I can't return to my VF page unless I end the Salesforce1 process on my phone)

I tested this out on a visualforce page tab in Salesforce1 and it works as it should, so it's something specific to publisher actions and using the iPhone camera. This functionality is already working in the file publisher action, so I want to say that the publisher isn't subscribed to a camera event, but I can't find any event in publisher.js that is related to camera events. 

This is iPhone specific since I tested it out on the iPad and it works as it should. (Running iOS 8.3 on iPhone and iPad)

Gaurav KheterpalGaurav Kheterpal
Interesting, I see no reason why it should behave differently on the iPhone vs. the iPad.  However, since I personally experienced the camera functionality on iPhone to be flaky on iOS 8.3 across multiple apps, this is most likely not related to publisher actions or even Salesforce1.

Apple forums are full of threads (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7015254) for camera crashes on iOS 8.3 apps for iPhone. If you have access to iOS 8.3 beta 4, I would recomment you try that out or else wait for iOS 8.4 - both these versions are much more stable.

If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' & upvote it to benefit others and improve the overall quality of Discussion Forums.

Gaurav Kheterpal

Developer Forums Moderator| Certified Force.com Developer| Dreamforce Speaker| Salesforce Mobile Evangelist