function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kushal MishraKushal Mishra 

Conditional Picklist

Hi all,

Please help !! i am new in salesforce.

Requirment is......

Field should be named Deal Demand Rating.  It'll be a color-coded picklist field with values of Green, Yellow and Red.  Make it conditional, so the default value is Green if the value of the Type field under related Account is set to Customer and Yellow if that condition is not satisfied.  However, the field should be editable by users, who can select another value from the picklist.

its urgent..please send me all steps....thanks if anyone can help me.
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kushal,

You can use the field dependency. You can make Type field as controlling and Deal Demand Rating will be dependant picklist. 

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=fields_defining_field_dependencies.htm

Thanks,
Pratik
Hi Pratik.

can you please share all the point step by step....thnks ...its urgent pls
PratikPratik (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kushal,

Go to Setup-> customize->Accounts-> fields -> Click on Field Dependencied Button.->Click on New - >

Snapshot:
User-added image

Controlling Field: Type
Dependent field will be Deal Demand Rating.

Then set the values.

Thanks,
Pratik
Alok Khandelwal - DamcoAlok Khandelwal - Damco
Kushal,

It does not seem to be doable exactly as the way you want. What could be done as a workaround is that you may use action support on picklist values change and paint the image next to the picklist field to the desired color. You will find abundant help on using Selectlist with Action Support.

Regards,
Alok
This is my requirment,

i need to create a  picklist wirh Green,Yellow, Red Values on Opportunity object .Green would be by default and if the value of the Type field under related Account is equals to Customer then it would be green and if that condition is not satisfied then i would be yellow.  However, the field should be editable by users, who can select another value from the picklist. please gyes help.