function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC_BigDogSFDC_BigDog 

Preventing Duplicates: Marketo and Salesforce Integration

Marketo is used by Marketing team in the company and the Salesforce is implemented newly. Now we want to integrate them. My concern is will this integration raise to any duplicates. If so how to eradicate them and also prevent them in the future. 

Any insights would be appreciated.
buyan thyagarajanbuyan thyagarajan
HI SFDC,
 Integrating SFDC with Marketo will not cause any duplicates provided it is implemented correctly. Here are some best practices which you might want to consider for this.
1. When you are creating campaigns for leads or potential customers, you might want first to create a campaign first in salesforce , add the leads in salesforce as campaign members and then using the marketo app, sync it to marketo to track on campaigns.
2. You might want to do a one time data migration to salesforce from Marketo and move all the leads to leads in salesforce and your customers as accounts and contacts and keep them in sync.
I have some questions.
1. Did you guys use any crm before using salesforce which was connected to marketo or is this your first crm?
2. How are you guys using marketo now and how are you planning to use sfdc?
 Let me know a good time to talk to you next week and i can share some best practices with you..
Thanks
Buyan
SFDC_BigDogSFDC_BigDog
Hey Buyan,

1. Our company have not used any CRM before. This is the first time we are using any CRM and it is Salesforce. Nothing was connected to Marketo before. This is the first time we are trying to integrate them both.
2. Marketing team is mainly using Marketo for contacts/leads. Now they are concerned that after the integration will it leads to any duplicates.
buyan thyagarajanbuyan thyagarajan
Hi Varun,
Thanks for your reply. Is there a good number i can reach you out to discuss best practices to prevent duplicates on salesforce to marketo integration?
Thanks
Buyan
SFDC_BigDogSFDC_BigDog
Hey Buyan,