function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vinnie BVinnie B 

Is there a way to view all of the assignments for a given object?

I have a custom object.  I want to quickly review the permissions on this object for all of the profiles in my system.  Is this possible?  I can see how to go to every profile and then to Object Settings from there.  That gives me a quick overview of all of the objects for that profile.  What about an overview of all of the profiles for a given object.

Also, seeing this I decided to be very careful when creating new objects to assign them properly then.  But it appears that you're not given the option to set permissions at the time of creation for a new object.

Is this a recent change?  I don't remember it being this tedious to assign object permissions to many profiles.
SlashApex (Luis Luciani)SlashApex (Luis Luciani)
Hi Vinnie,

Yes, you can leverage the Profile page list views to see (and update) profile permissions for several profiles in one page.

The profile page is the one you see when you go to Setup > Administer > Manager Users > Profiles.

You will notice that this page is a list view like any other SF object. You can create custom views that show you the permissions that you are interested in. You can also do mass updates, like on any other listview.

See the attached images for examples.

User-added image

User-added image