function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mikron AdminMikron Admin 

Visualforce page language and locale

Hi,

I created a public landing page for customers (anonymous access), I would to have the page in english, german, french or italian but maintaining formatting (dates and numbers) of the client/browser. I have set language attribute in apex:page for have fields description in language, I used Date.format() for format dates on outputText but I am non able to format inputField.

For example when page is in english I see always dates formatted on american (MM/DD/YYYY) and not on europen (DD/MM/YYYY).

Someone has advice for me ?

Have a nice day
Ajay Nagar 7Ajay Nagar 7
Hi Mikron,

Please confirm you have use:<apex:page  language[="en_GB"> or you have use en_US ? if en_US replace it with en_GB. For more Info:
https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000187671&language=en_US

Thanks
Ajay

Mikron AdminMikron Admin
Hi,
I used <apex:page  language="en">
If is possible would that a Spanish users see dates 22/11/2008 and American users see dates 11/22/2008 and texts in both case on eglish.
For Spanish user if I use es_ES standard fields are diplayed on spanish and customer fields on english. The only solution that I see is to put how you have sugested en_GB when country is not US but there are also some difference with separetor, some country use dot, other slash.

thank you.