function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Suneel#8Suneel#8 

Apex connector framework Usecase

I want to integrate Siebel's Oracle database with Salesforce using Lightning Connect.As Siebel cannot expose data using OData protocol, can I use Apex Connector Framework to get this done?Also is there a better way to achieve my goal.Please advise
Best Answer chosen by Suneel#8
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Apex Connector is not Generally Available right now.

In Winter' 15 (192) release,a pilot program was created to provide a APEX software development framework allowing you to develop your own external data connector in APEX, I understand it will be generally available in the Summer '15 release(#safeharbor)

All Answers

Lightning Connect is about the ODate protocol, however, I do believe you can use the Apex Connector for external source integration with Salesforce as explained in the slides on the link :
http://www.slideshare.net/developerforce/df13-using-external-objects-for-integration-mt
Suneel#8Suneel#8
Thanks Sonam for the reply.I couldn't find much documentation about the framework and how it can be used in relatime.Couple of slides talk about Apex Connector Framework.Is Apex Connector Generally Available now?If so can you provide link to the documentation
Apex Connector is not Generally Available right now.

In Winter' 15 (192) release,a pilot program was created to provide a APEX software development framework allowing you to develop your own external data connector in APEX, I understand it will be generally available in the Summer '15 release(#safeharbor)

This was selected as the best answer