function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Prem ranjan 8Prem ranjan 8 

Usage Threats of using Developer or Partner SF Organisation into ( Production Site developed in java or php)

I have a client website, where i am thinking to integrate sf business functionality into my live production site using dev or partner portal license which is free to use :).

I would like to know if there are any Legal threats are there, 
I understand all the governor limits, user llcense limitation, which is good for my requirement, what i am unsure about is the usage policies.

Its a looong agreement document with somany clauses, which is out of my scope to understand as a developer.

Can anybody throw some insight to threats involved in doing so.

if this question is irrelevant to this forum then please recomend me the right place for me to discuss this. without contacting salesforce.
Thanks in advance!
pbattissonpbattisson
You cannot use a developer or partner edition org for a production deployment as you are planning to do so. These environments are for development and testing only. Using these in production will leave you open to legal action for breaking the terms of use.

If you are ever reading a legal document from Salesforce which you feel is beyond your comprehension I would recommend you paying for a lawyer to review for you or for you to contact Salesforce to ask for their assistance in sorting your problem out.

In short - unless you are a registered non-profit organisation you cannot get licenses for free. If you are a registered partner you are provided with a small number of free licenses for you to use in your CRM implementation.