function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NeelimaGNeelimaG 

accessing values between vf page,component and controller

I have a VF page with MyController and MyComponent.
MyController is used both in VF page and Component.
I have two variables in MyController and these will be set to some value from the Component.
But when I try to access them from VFPage, the variables are returning null.
Below is the simplified code for the three items.
Any ideas?

public with sharing class MyController {
     public String var1 {get; set;}
     public String var2 {get;set;}
    //method called from component
      public void setVariables() {
           var1='test';
           var2='test2';
      }
} //end of MyController

Component code:
<apex:component controller="MyController" access="global"> <apex:attribute name="VarId1" description="The type of record we are viewing." type="String" assignTo="{!var1}" />
<apex:attribute name="VarId2" description="The type of record we are viewing." type="String" assignTo="{!var2}" />
<apex:form>
<apex:commandButton value="Verify Code" onclick="veify();return false;" >
<apex:actionFunction name="verify" action="{!setVariables()}" rerender="" status="counterStatus2">
</apex:actionFunction>
</apex:commandButton> </apex:form>
</apex:Component>

My VF page
<apex:page docType="html-5.0" controller="MyController" showHeader="false" sidebar="false" standardStylesheets="false" applyBodyTag="false"> <html lang="en">
<apex:outputPanel id="verifiedBlockId" rendered="{!verified}"> <div class="col-sm-12 padding-left-0"> <h1><apex:outputText id="VarId" value="{!var1}"></apex:outputText></h1> <apex:outputText id="VarId2" value="{!var2}" style="visibility:hidden" ></apex:outputText> </apex:outputPanel>
<c:TG_MyComponent VarId1="" VarId2=""></c:MyComponent> </body> </html> </apex:page>
surasura
<apex:actionFunction name="verify" action="{!setVariables()}" rerender="" status="counterStatus2">

make sure your rerender some item in componet  rather than putting rerrender as =""  . and your action should be action="{!setVariables}". 

<apex:component controller="MyController" access="global" > <apex:attribute name="VarId1" description="The type of record we are viewing." type="String" assignTo="{!var1}" />
<apex:attribute name="VarId2" description="The type of record we are viewing." type="String" assignTo="{!var2}" />
<apex:form id="form1">
<apex:commandButton value="Verify Code" onclick="veify();return false;" >
<apex:actionFunction name="verify" action="{!setVariables}" rerender="form1" status="counterStatus2">
</apex:actionFunction>
</apex:commandButton> </apex:form>
</apex:Component>

NeelimaGNeelimaG
Thank for your reply. I tried that, but the values are still null when accessed from the page.