function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rodolfo alcocerrodolfo alcocer 

Update Picklist with a Validation Rule

Hi  Friends  I need some information to know  if  is possible update de picklist with a validation rule:
***Problem to resolve

When I  create a opportunity and Select a Inventory and the field "Stage" is Closed Won
and I saved , the Custom Object "Inventory" and the field "status" change automatically from "Available" to "Sold"

Oportunity
  Inventory= a321
  Stage = "Close Won"

Inventory
  Inventory=a321
  Status="Sold"  // "status" change automatically when I save it the oportunity

KaranrajKaranraj
Hi Rodolfo - You can do this using Lightning Process builder not with the Validation rule. Using validation rules you can improve the quality of your data. Validation rules verify that the data a user enters in a record meets the standards you specify before the user can save the record. For your scenario, you have to update field in the the different object so using Lightning Process builder you can able to this. Check this link for more details about Process builder - https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/business_process_automation/process_builder
Amit  TrivediAmit Trivedi
Hi rodolfo alcocer,

You cant update any field using validation rule, you can update any field using workflow or trigger ,
Use trigger as you want to update cross object

Thanks,
Amit
Hi Friends my  big problem  is that I have a Salesforce Group Edition, is possible in this version?
Hi Friends my  big problem  is that I have a Salesforce Group Edition, is possible in this version?
KaranrajKaranraj
Hi Rodolfo - Unfortunately NO. The above mentioned methods will not support Group Edition. Group edition will allows only very base level of customization.