function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sandeep ChannaSandeep Channa 

Salesforce1 Validations

Hi All,

I would like to know in Salesforce1 App why the error message to fill the custom field is not shown properly.
It is showing me a black spot as a error.
As you can see a black spot in the bottom of the image.
User-added image
Can someone help me with this.
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Is this a out of box validation or a custom validation you have created using javascript?
It’s a validation created using out of the box validation rules, there is no code/javascript involved.
Hi Sonam,

Will you please update me on the same.

Thanks,
Sandeep
SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Sandeep, I tried recreating this issue, however, I'm not able to and the validation rule seems to be working fine:

User-added image

Could you please share the steps I can try to recreate this on my test ORG: Also, is the same thing happening on the one/one.app on the browser?

Hi Sonam,

Actually we have 2 mandatory fields while changing the opportunity stage from Qualified to Value Demostrated, out of these fields one is standard field while the other is custom.
So, for the standard field it is showing me a correct error message but not for the custom field.

Steps-
1. Open any direct sales opportunity .
2. Change the stage from Qualified to Value Demostrated.
3. Mark this stage as current stage, then it is showing correct error message to fill the standard field i.e Product Line Item.
4. Then add one product line item.
5. After this there is a validation for one custom field, and for that field it is showing only a black spot as per the above screen shot.

I tried it on one/one.app and also on crome simulators for salesforce1 app.