function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andreas ShakallisAndreas Shakallis 

Error with Google Link button. The 'Google Link' custom button was not found

Hello everyone!

So i 'm stuck to this challenge. I've created the button as i should , added it to Contact Layout and saved it. No matter what i do i can't pass the challenge. I keep getting that The 'Google Link' custom button was not found .

Can someone please help me?

Thanks
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
Are you talking about a Trailhead challenge?
Yes . Here are the screenshots

Google Link Button

User-added image
Looking at your screenshot - you haven't dragged the "Google Link" down to the button bar in the "Contact Layout" page layout (it's activated for drag/drop in your screenshot).  Do that and have it check your work.
Deborah DanielsDeborah Daniels
I'm having the same problem and I put it on the page. Thanks for the help.
User-added imageUser-added image
Much appreciated for your help . Dragging and dropping the Google Link to the Custom Buttons tab worked . I had no idea it needed to be dragged there. Thanks again!!!

You're welcome Andreas!  Mark my response up as Best Answer so others who come here seeking can quickly find the answer.  Thanks!

Deborah - in the "Button or Link URL" field - the goal of the exercise is to show you how to pull object data in to a field.  Check the trailhead module again to be sure, but I think that needs to be in the form of "http://google.com/#q={!Contact.Name}".  (without the quotes)

Htet Cho OoHtet Cho Oo
I dragged it down there and the button shows up on the account. But the challenge says it is still not on the layout.
User-added image

This is the layout
User-added image
Grant Miller 16Grant Miller 16
I struggled with the same issue. I think the source of the confusion has to do with the difference between "Custom Links" and "Buttons". The challege test is looking for a BUTTON but the name ("Google Link") implies you need to create a CUSTOM LINK. After I changed the display type to "Detail Page Button" and put the button on the button bar in the page layout it passed the challenge test.

If you actually want to test out the functionality and see it work from a contact detail page, ensure that the 'behavior' is set to "Display in new window" and try this syntax...

http://google.com/#q={!Contact.FirstName} + {!Contact.LastName}

- Grant