function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chriscwharrischriscwharris 

Queues and Owners

I have a custom object that I require multiple users to contribute to. So I have created a queue and used a workflow rule to assign the queue when the record is created. This is fine except I need some accountability as to which members of the queue are working or have worked on the record. Ideally there would e a "list" of users who as assigned to the record, a subset of the queue members. Anyone in the queue can edit and contribute if they feel they can.

I am trying to think of the best approach so that for reporting we can see who has worked on that record. One restriction is that some members of the queue may not edit the main record but may create child records from the main record but that countds as a contributor.

One idea I had was to create 5 contributor fields and they can be manually set using a lookup to users. Of course this isn't foolproof but with the limited features in Salesforce for multiple values it may be the only solution. Any siggestions/ideas?

Thanks
surasura
I am not sure I got the full grasp of your requirment , but what you are lokking for is the list of users who edit the record you can enable filed history tracking for the object and add field histroy related list for  you object view page ,so you can view whic members have updated the record and what the change they made to record

but pls not history only allow to track histroy of 20 custom fields per object
chriscwharrischriscwharris
Hi, thanks for the reply. To clarify the scenario... I created a custom object that requires multiple editors so I use a queue to allow that. However it is a requirement that in reporting we can see who has worked on a record of that object type or "is still" working on it. Imagine a task with multiple assignees, you want to see workloads for members of your team. However a contributor may not always modify the main object, they may add child documents without editing the main document but the report still needs to show them as contirbutors to the main object.

If I add 5 custom fields that allow 5 names to be picked then up to 5 people can assign themselves to the record I guess, and then the reports could use that information. The problem is I can't see a way of then combining the 5 names into a list for grouping on a report... maybe I just can't do this in Salesforce?
surasura
try if this works for you

create a object lets say Record Contributors
in the create a master detail field for object you want to track modifiers and name it Modfied Record
create a another lookup in that to user object and name it Contributor
every time user create or update a record or child record  of the releavant object insert a record to  Record Contributor  table .
then report on the Record Contributor table