function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SandeepKChopraSandeepKChopra 

Salesforce code limit

We have a fairly large salesforce product with a large code base. We are going to hit the code limit of 3,000,000 characters very soon. I have read in forums that salesforce can increase the limit if we can justify the need for increased limit. 

But my question is that will salesforce increase the limit for only the packaging org (created via the partner portal) which we use for packaging and uploading our package, or can we ask for increase in code limit for multiple orgs.

I am asking this because all our developers work in their separate orgs and checking in code in a common repository. From there the code is pulled into the main packaging org and finally the package is built.

Thanks in advance
Best Answer chosen by SandeepKChopra
SwarnasankhaSwarnasankha

Hi Sandeep!

Honestly I dont see any reason for Salesforce to not do that because these limit increases are exclusions anyways. Start with submitting a case with SFDC, put forward your business justification and I am sure they should consider the request.

If needed take the help of your relationship manager to escalate internally.

Kind Regards,
Swarna.

All Answers

NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sandeep,

I think you will have to raise a case with salesforce support.Give them a business justification and see if they increase the limit.

If they increase the limit for one org, you provide your business org for the other orgs too.

Please check with them

Best Regards
NagaKiran
SwarnasankhaSwarnasankha
Hi Sandeep!

Salesforce can increase the code limit in any org that you own as long as you can give them a business justification. Just recently I had the code limit increased from 10,000,000 to 12,000,000 characters in our Production Org as well all our Full sandboxes.

I am guessing you are probably an ISV Partner and will have access to SFDC's Partner Portal for their Partners. Simply raise a ticket for support with your request and the frontline team will have it routed to the R&D for limit increase.

Hope this helps.
SandeepKChopraSandeepKChopra
Hi Swarnasankha,

Thanks for the reply. You are correct. We are a salesforce ISV partner. Does this mean any org that I own is eligible for increase in limit (even if its not created via the partner portal) . I am asking this because most of the devs are using the regular develper orgs which anyone can create and does not require you to be a salesforce partner.

Regards,
Sandeep
SwarnasankhaSwarnasankha

Hi Sandeep!

Honestly I dont see any reason for Salesforce to not do that because these limit increases are exclusions anyways. Start with submitting a case with SFDC, put forward your business justification and I am sure they should consider the request.

If needed take the help of your relationship manager to escalate internally.

Kind Regards,
Swarna.

This was selected as the best answer