function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Beer NutthawanBeer Nutthawan 

Just got the message "This component contained unsupported elements that have been removed." from Home components

Hi All 

I got this Message from Salesforce when I tried to open one of my Home Component(Customize>> Home >> Home Components)
which its Type is HTML Area. Here is the messahe "This component contained unsupported elements that have been removed. Click continue editing the cleaned content".

User-added image

And once I opened it, there is nothig as it's totally cleaned. So, where can I get backup code?
Is it possible to find a backup of my code in Production or in any Sandbox. 
I googled it, and found this : http://docs.releasenotes.salesforce.com/en-us/summer14/release-notes/rn_forcecom_home_page_components.htm
Bug they don't mention about the backup code.

Best regards
Best Answer chosen by Beer Nutthawan
surasura
well in visualforce area you dont do any coding , you just give a exsiting visualforce page in your org as the content of VF area. so there is no need to code just create new component and give your prevoius referred page as the content of that area

All Answers

surasura
this is due to Salesforce bug I just fixed this issue in my org . 

casue : you home page components of type visualforce Area are automatically conveted to Html Area

Fix : recreate a new componet of Visualforce Area type by giving the realted Visualforce Page then add the new componet to your home page layout .also remove the old one

* this only works if your issue is realted to a home page component of type Visualforce area
Brian LacyBrian Lacy
I think the question the OP is asking (or at least, the question I have), is whether there's any way to get the original code back so as to recreate the component?
surasura
well in visualforce area you dont do any coding , you just give a exsiting visualforce page in your org as the content of VF area. so there is no need to code just create new component and give your prevoius referred page as the content of that area
This was selected as the best answer
Beer NutthawanBeer Nutthawan
Hi sura/Brian Lacy 

Thank you so much for your replies.

Tom Lee 6Tom Lee 6
I have the same question as the OP.  We had some pages that we thought were visualforce and were actually HTML and now the changes are gone in all of our sandboxes and production.  Is there a backup somewhere?
Dustin StricklerDustin Strickler
Can someone help me through this? I don't need a backup of anything, I simply can't change my message/alert or the custom links on my home page components. I am getting this error: "..unsupported or malformed HTML elements. Remove any script-related tags, fix any malformed HTML, then try again."