function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RupaliJRupaliJ 

Lightning component failed to pass security review because of 3rd party MV* framework used

Hi,

We have created one Salesforce lightning component and intend to publish that component on AppExchange. In the component, we are basically trying to use Angular (an MVC framework) to build powerful UI/ functionality for user. We got the security review reply from Salesforce indicating that "Use of third party Mv* frameworks is not currently supported".

We followed Salesforce provided guideline documents to create AppExchange apps and we didn't find any document stated that we cannot use any 3rd party MV* framework.

Salesforce has provided limited Aura components which is not useful to build complex functionality (app) in lightning.
What should we do in this case? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for looking into this.

Rupali.
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
There's pretty much nothing you can do I'm afraid - I hit issues around this with the security review and they won't budge. I had to rebuild all of my functionality directly in JavaScript. The process for lightning components is still being built out, so its quite common to be caught out by something that isn't documented.