function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RajanJasujaRajanJasuja 

How to Access lightning App using Community users?

Hi,

I build a lightning App for customer support and added this in SF1 mobile app. It is accessible by the internal user but when I logged in using community users it is not showing the Lighting app and error "URL not found" coming up. Any way to add this app for community users?

Thanks,
Rajan

NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Rajan,

Internal use by Salesforce so far only - not tested or formally supported as part of the Lightning Components beta. We're working on this for GA.

With that said I was able to use a newly created Lightning Components .app with no difficulties using an authenticated user - have not tried a guest user yet - in a developer edition org with the url of the form that you supplied above.

I have repro'ed the Page Not Found: /aura in my DE org using the guest user and have thus far been unable to work around this. Discussed it with the architect for Communities and he did not believe this would currently work because of the security model in place has not been made Lightning savvy yet.

Best Regards
Naga Kiran
desmoquattrodesmoquattro
UPDATE: This is available now. As of Winter 16, Community Builder supports Lightning Components that use the forceCommunity:availableForAllPageTypes interface. So declare your component like this:
<aura:component controller="MyController" implements="forceCommunity:availableForAllPageTypes">
</aura:component>
And it will be available to drag onto a page in Community Builder. You must be using one of the templates (Napili, Koa, Kokua) in order to do this, but those templates give you a far better experience than Visualforce/Tabs.