function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Minh Cuong LeMinh Cuong Le 

How to study business of existed App in Salesforce with scheme builder!

Hello everyone,

I am working at data migration project. I have problem that I must select an existed App in Salesforce platform of company to move my App in it. I have to study about 90 Apps to select one coresponded with my App. So could you please help me to guide how i study App in Salesforce quickly? What I should focus on?
My idea is:
- I will try to list all Objects of App. I can see it in
User-added image
If it is enough or not?
- And then I want to see the relationship between Object in App but I don't know how to have it, by scheme builder or any tools? And if it can be done by Scheme builder, could you please show me the steps to do it?

Thank you very much.
Huong
Best Answer chosen by Minh Cuong Le
Himanshu ParasharHimanshu Parashar
HI Huong,

To understand relationship you need to know object name for every app, so I am not sure how fesible is to study 90+ app, it will be very tedious task.

Here are quick solutions:

Salesforce has listed different object model at following place

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/data_model.htm

You can use Schema builder to identify relationship between objects. as shown in following screenshot.

User-added image

I think you should identify what type of app you have right now, whether it is Sales related or service related.

Let me now if you are looking for more information.

Thanks,
Himanshu
Salesforce Certified Developer, Administrator, Service Cloud Consultant

All Answers

HI Huong,

To understand relationship you need to know object name for every app, so I am not sure how fesible is to study 90+ app, it will be very tedious task.

Here are quick solutions:

Salesforce has listed different object model at following place

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/data_model.htm

You can use Schema builder to identify relationship between objects. as shown in following screenshot.

User-added image

I think you should identify what type of app you have right now, whether it is Sales related or service related.

Let me now if you are looking for more information.

Thanks,
Himanshu
Salesforce Certified Developer, Administrator, Service Cloud Consultant
This was selected as the best answer
Minh Cuong LeMinh Cuong Le
Thank for your information, Himanshu. I am a Business Anslyst, so it is my task :(. From your answer, could you give me more information:

- How do I know object name for every app in Salesforce? How can I map 90 Apps with 500 objects?
- How I identify the type of App in Salesforce.

Thank you very much,
Hương.
P/S: Do you have Skype account? If yes, could you please add me "huongnth83@yahoo.com", with which i can directly give you my problem :)? I think it is better for you and me :)
I think you are pretty much clear now :)