function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ashima Saigal - the gangster of loveAshima Saigal - the gangster of love 

Routing Records with Approvals

Here are the requirements from Trailhead:
When an Account has the value of 'Prospect' in the Type field, a user will click the 'Submit for Approval' button to launch an approval process. The process will only happen if Type is 'Prospect' and there are more than 500 employees. Upon entry of the process, Type will become 'Pending' and be locked. If approved, Type will be set to 'Customer' and be unlocked. If not approved, Type will be set back to 'Prospect' and will be unlocked.

I've written and rewritten this one over and over, trying different things, but I continue to get this error:
User-added image

Here is my entry criteria:
User-added image

I tested it myself and it works correctly for rejected approval requests are don't match the criteria. What am I missing here?

Best Answer chosen by Ashima Saigal - the gangster of love
I figured it out! It had to do with an apex trigger I had written that was updating the Account Type. Once I removed it, then the challenge completed successfully.

All Answers

Himanshu ParasharHimanshu Parashar
Hi Ashima,

What is the error you are getting?
Please post screenshot your approval steps as well so that I can tell you mistake you are making
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Your Entry Criteria should be like below:-

(Account: TypeequalsProspect) and (Account: Employeesgreater than500)

User-added image

And you need to create three workflow field update to set Type field
1) On Initial Submission Actions to set Type field Pending
2) On Final Approval Actions  to set Type field as Customer
3) On Final Rejection Actions to set Type field as Prospect

Like below screen shot:-

User-added image

NOTE:- Please check your Final Rejection Actions to set Type field as Prospect

Please let us know if this will help you.

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary
The error is the first image in my post

Amit, if you look, my approval is exactly like yours and my entry criteria is exactly the same as well. Just take a look at the images I've posted.

So far, no one has helped me figure this out. Any other suggestions?
Amit, the error I am receiving has nothing to do with the workflows, it has to do with the entry criteria. Which I have set at: (Account: TypeEQUALSProspect) AND (Account: EmployeesGREATER THAN500)

I cannot see anything else. I've tried just about everything with this and am at a loss at this point. I have even tested it manually and it works correctly. 
I figured it out! It had to do with an apex trigger I had written that was updating the Account Type. Once I removed it, then the challenge completed successfully.
This was selected as the best answer
Great. glad you figured this out :)
Nerd sfdcNerd sfdc
I got the same error when I was doing Chatter Challenge as below

Create an approval process to support a case escalation procedure, with the ability to approve directly from Chatter.
Verify Chatter Approvals is enabled and the Case standard object has Chatter feed tracking turned on.
The approval process must be created on the Case object and be named 'Case Escalation'. No entry criteria is required for this approval process and you can set yourself as the approver.
Upon entering the approval process, approval request notification needs to be posted to the Chatter feed.

Kajal KantariaKajal Kantaria
here is my screen shot.

User-added image