function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Calvin SmithCalvin Smith 

Lightning Creating Components Challenge: appHostable interface validation error

I've been trying to get my code to validate and keep receiving an error message that says 'The component does not implement the appHostable interface. That interface is required to add the component to Salesforce1." even though I have the appHostable interface in my code and the app also works for me in SF1. Below is my component and CSS code:

Component Code:  

<aura:component implements="force:appHostable"> 
    <h1 class="headline">My Lightning Component</h1> 
</aura:component> 

CSS Code

.THIS {
 } 

.THIS.headline{ 
     font-size:24px; 
}

Can someone please tell me what the problem is and what I need to do to fix it? I've burned a lot of time trying to get this to validate by stripping it down to the most basic elements, adding things back in, etc. just to try and get it to pass. At this point, I don't know what else to do to try and get it to pass. 
Best Answer chosen by Calvin Smith
sfdcdevsfdcdev
Remove .This { } from your CSS code.Your CSS code should be:

.THIS.headline {
    font-size: 24px;
}

All Answers

sfdcdevsfdcdev
Remove .This { } from your CSS code.Your CSS code should be:

.THIS.headline {
    font-size: 24px;
}
This was selected as the best answer
Calvin SmithCalvin Smith
Thanks, that made total sense to me! It helps to have another set of eyes looking at what can be obvious when you've been looking at something too long to be able to see it yourself. Oddly, I had to delete everything and rebuild it in order to get it to validate. I was also frustrated that message was so misleading. Problem is now solved.