function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mathew Andresen 5Mathew Andresen 5 

ODBC to ODATA for Lightning Connect

Hi,

My ERP system has ODBC drivers to expose it's data to excel etc.  I've used those drivers to hook into PHP before to give some web access.  But is there anyway to convert the ODBC into ODATA so I can get that info into Salesforce?

Thanks,
Agustina GarciaAgustina Garcia
I'm not sure if this can help, but it is the way that I did. Actually I was not in a system with ODBC drivers but maybe you can follow my approach.

I was trying to read a google spreadsheet and send the information to Salesforce. Finally I created a Heroku app and via odata4j (https://code.google.com/p/odata4j/) and Google API, I wrote some lines in java in order to get access to google drive information. With this code you can create the Heroku app and the url that it returns is the one you can set during the External Data Source configuration, after selecty Type OData2.0 from the drop down list.

Mathew Andresen 5Mathew Andresen 5
I will look into this, thanks,
Sumit Sarkar 2Sumit Sarkar 2
We have done this with an old Progress ERP that only had ODBC connectivity by setting up a SQL Server Linked Server and then producing OData from the SQL Server stack.  In our scenario, we used the SQL Server connection available from DataDirect Cloud service to produce OData and traverse the firewall to access the ODBC data source tables/views.