function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Wanda TWanda T 

I am stuck - Trailhead - Set the predefined value of the 'Type' field to 'Prospect'.

I have follewed the steps listed below:
To set predefined field values:
  • Click the name of an action in the Buttons, Links, and Actions list or the Global Actions list.
  • On the action detail page, click New in the Predefined Field Values list.
  • Select the field you want to predefine a value for.
  • Specify the value for the field.
However whne I click NEW

There is no option listed to choose.
Click Save.

Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Step 1 :- Create a new global publisher action labeled 'New Detailed Account' to create an Account record.
Setup-> Global Action -> Action

User-added image

Step 2:- "Add the Account Name, Type, Rating and Fax fields to the compact layout."
After same page layout will open. You need to add all below 4 field on page and save
User-added image

Step 3:- Add the new publisher action to the global publisher layout.
Setup -> Global Action -> Publisher layout and then add new action on page layout
User-added image

Step 4:- Set the predefined value of the 'Type' field to 'Prospect'.
Setup->Account-> Field-> Then Select Type field--> Then click on Edit in front of Prospect and click on default check box.
User-added image

Please let us know if this will help you.

Thanks,
Amit Chaudhary
amit.salesforce21@gmail.com
Alcides Del Valle Rojas BarrosoAlcides Del Valle Rojas Barroso
Your post help me a lot Amit. Thanks for sharing it!!!
Jeff Cheng 25Jeff Cheng 25
Hey Amit, I personally find this explaination a bit misleading when the instructions clearly state "Predefined values for fields on actions are different from default values that you can set for fields on records". I saw the option to change the default but thought it was incorrect since the trail mentioned default and predefined were different.
Jim HouseJim House
Amit, I followed your instructions step by step after deleting my initial attempt at this. I am not able to get it working. Would you mind helping me out personally?
Hi Jim,

Feel free to connect to connect with me on my email id "amit.salesforce21@gmail.com".
DonSDonS
Thanks Amit!  Worked perfectly.
Travis Best 10Travis Best 10
Perfect thanks
Anthony Woods 9Anthony Woods 9
What about when the "Prospect" field doesn't exist?
ajay parasharajay parashar
Thanks this really helped
rajeev tiwarirajeev tiwari
Amit,

I have the same question as Jeff mentioned. Your example gave approach as how to add default value. The Trailhead asks for addinga  predefined value specific to a Global Action. I can;t see how these two things are related?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Rajeev,

Yes you are right. Please check below post.
1) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=906F0000000BR4xIAG
2) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000MGp8IAG

Goto Setup > Build > Global Actions > Actions and click the Label for the New Detailed Account Action you created

Click the New button in the lower Predfined Field Values section.  You can add the value there.

Please check below post for step by step screen shot.
1) https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000BT2gIAG

Step 1 :- Create a new global publisher action labeled 'New Detailed Account' to create an Account record.
Setup-> Global Action -> Action

Step 2:- "Add the Account Name, Type, Rating and Fax fields to the compact layout."
After same page layout will open. You need to add all below 4 field on page and save

Step 3:- Add the new publisher action to the global publisher layout.
Setup -> Global Action -> Publisher layout and then add new action on page layout

4) Set the predefined value of the 'Type' field to 'Prospect'.
You can under "Predefined Field Values" or set the field type field as defualt Prospect on object
User-added image

Let us know if this will help you
Julio Cesar Mercado GuerreroJulio Cesar Mercado Guerrero
Hi Amit, I have a problem with my challenge for this Unit, thats why I added the 4 fields, however the check challenge send me "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
You do not have the correct account fields in the 'New Detailed Account' publisher action layout"

User-added image

I need to know if you have any suggest for me, please. I cant complete my challenge. Best Regards

Cézar

Hi Cézar,

Please try to change your language to English and try again .
Feel free to connect to connect with me on my email id "amit.salesforce21@gmail.com".

Thanks
Amit Chaudhary
mike oberhoffnermike oberhoffner

Hi Julio Cesar Mercado Guerrero,
I changed the name by adding the '_' that solved it in my case.
=> "New_Detailed_Account"

best

Mike

Thomas HThomas H
Same question(s) here ! This thread worked great !
THANKS !!
Benjamin FleishmanBenjamin Fleishman
Hi All,

I ran into this same issue.  Having done a little bit of searching I figured it out!  When setting the predefined value make sure the feild name is "Type" then you will be able to choose a specific value which needs to be "prospect".  See screenshot!  

Ben

User-added image
Brett Sinn 1Brett Sinn 1
I'm having the same issue as Anythony. What if there isn't a prospect field?
Dharanee KDharanee K
@benjamin Yes! you are correct