function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Senthil prabhu MookiahSenthil prabhu Mookiah 

Trailhead Challege : Create a list view for your recent contacts

Here is the trailhead Challege:
To pass this challenge, create a new list view which only shows contacts belonging to you that have been created or modified in the last week.The list view must be named 'My Recent Contacts'.
The list view should only be visible to you.
The list view must show contacts belonging to you that have been created or modified in the last week.

Solution Created on my Salesforce Dev account:
User-added image

Error Encountered:
User-added image

Could someone suggest why trailhead is not able to recogonize the list view on my account?

Many thanks
Senthil
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
I hope your view is same like below screen shot
Step 1:-
User-added image

Step 2:- 

User-added image

Step 3:-
User-added image

NOTE:- Should visible to me only

Please let us know if this will help you.

Thanks,
Amit Chaudhary
@Amit, thank you for your help. I did checked all the parameters and everythinng appears to be the same. Still, i face the same error. I did created the view from the Contacts tab - Is that the correct screen?
Many thanks for your help, Amit. Not sure what is wrong, i am still not able to complete this challenge.
pulkit promod 8pulkit promod 8
Hey Amit,

I am facing the problem in adding Filter Criteria. This is what the error i am getting 'Error: Invalid date (Valid date format 9/7/2015 or 9/7/2015 6:53 AM)'.

Luis MandarinoLuis Mandarino

Hello,

I am Facing the same problem I have already created a list with the name: My Recent Contacts and I still get the message: Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: The 'My Recent Contacts' list view was not found.

Trail@AjitTrail@Ajit
@Pulkit Promod

Use below criteria

User-added image
VASU JAIN 3VASU JAIN 3
this criteria didn't work

Solution :

Created Date greater than equal 20/2/2016  AND
Created Date less than equal 27/2/2016 AND
Last Modified Date greater than equal 20/2/2016  AND
Last Modified Date less than equal 27/2/2016
Fitzgerald AnukamFitzgerald Anukam
@VASU, that is bad practice as "Last Week" changes every new week. Defining a specific date won't give you an accurate data when the week changes.

@Amit, the challenge is asking for "Last Week", your solution is using "Greater than or Equal" which will be anything last week or more and not just last week.

Use this instead:

Created Date equals LAST WEEK
Last Modified Date Equal LAST WEEK

User-added image

Thanks
Sandeep ChavanSandeep Chavan
How do you find the key words to be used in the fitler such as this?

Regards,
Sandeep
Dave P 9Dave P 9
This filter would work.
Filter for the List View
I have used this and it does show the correct records.
Hope this helps

Rgds
Dave
Ritam MukherjeeRitam Mukherjee
may be you are doing mistake by adding view under "Contracts" [ It should be under "Contacts" tab ]
MauryaVR46MauryaVR46
Relative Date Values for Filter Criteria ​
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=custom_dates.htm

User-added image
Sudheer Reddy Vangala 22Sudheer Reddy Vangala 22
Guys, Filter By Owner should be All Contacts.
User-added image

Use above filter and logic, you can clear your challenge.

Thanks,
Sudheer
Ben RobertsonBen Robertson
None of these answers work when your instance does not even show a step 4 to make visable by me only. 3 hours plus now on this challenge. Awesome!
Gretchen GaussGretchen Gauss
To capture Contacts that have been created or modified in the last week only ONE filter needs to be set in the 'Filter by Additional Fields' section.  
Last Modified Date - Less or Equal to - LAST WEEK

In the answers I saw above the filters require that the Contact be both created AND modified in the LAST WEEK timeframe. The list we are trying to create is for Contact created OR (not AND) modified in the last week.

The filter I am suggesting captures all Contacts modified in the last week. If you created a new Contact in the last week, the Last Modified Date will be in the 'LAST WEEK'.